Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to audiobooks on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 180,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from bestsellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time when your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more, with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and
discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com\help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.6.1
Stability and speed improvements…and iOS 9 support
Great service and it could be a very good app… however, it is unstable and crashes all too often . The app gets worse as you add more audiobooks, it gets sluggish and is slow to respond.
I would like to see several updates dedicated not to features but to stability and speed. Please.
A solid app for audiobooks
I love the Audible app. While the first iterations were clunky, the later and recent ones have been fantastic. Now, instead of listening at 1 or 2x speed, I have the option of quarter-increments, to get just the right speed for each narrator--up to 3x for those really slow ones (and no, they do not end up sounding like chipmunks). I also really enjoy the app badges for achievements in my reading--it adds a nice sense of surprise accomplishment to my audible experience. It's brilliant!