Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to audiobooks on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 180,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from bestsellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time when your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more, with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and
discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com\help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.5.1
• Fixes crash on pause from external controls for iOS7 users
• Includes fix to prevent people from getting into the state where their downloaded books disappear (and other bad things happen). Unfortunately, there's not an upgrade to get you out of that bad state and back to where you were. The only way to totally fix is delete and re-install the app (and you will still lose your "Finished" status). VERY sorry.
TIP: If your downloaded books got removed, but it's working now, you still might be better off deleting and re-installing the entire app. There still may be residual problems.
Updates from 2.5
• CarPlay is now available for Audible!
• Lock Screen/Control Center – Previously, the Lock Screen/Control Center buttons were always chapter forward/back, even if your settings were for 30-second forward/back. Now, your lock screen/Control Center will feature the correct icons.
• Sleep Timer – There is now a “Reset Timer” option after the sleep timer ends, reducing the number of taps from 4 to 2.
• Sleep Timer – The fade-out returns.
• Discover – On iPhone, we’ve updated the visual design by removing the dark overlay and going to a grid.
• Discover – On iPad, we’ve replaced “Discover” with a true browse experience (it used to just be search). It should now mirror the iPhone version.
• When you sample a book from a book detail page in “Discover” or search, it now plays in the player. This allows you to leave the detail page and still listen to the sample.
• New Tab Bar – We moved Settings into the main navigation and created an overflow menu (on iPhone) for the items that no longer fit on the main tab.
Ruined my day. Deleted all my books!
Latest update made things worse (again)
Please stop updating what was once an excellent app!
Issues I have found (so far)
1. Older bookmarked notes run outside of the app screen. Left and right. On some you can't delete or edit them because they are so wide off the page.
2. You now have an extra step to edit notes in a bookmark. You have to slide with you finger and select delete or edit. Previous version you could just touch the note to open it and start editing the note.
3. Inside the bookmark editing you have a pause and rewind. The rewind now forwards which is stupid as you now have to go out of the bookmark to main page rewind go back into the bookmark, swipe to pick edit. Totally frustrating and annoying! Also why not have forward and rewind in the editing screen?
Apparently from the other reviews in this update they're are many other issues too.
You have a excellent app and with every update it gets worse.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Suggestion: Have someone who actually uses the app try out the update before sending out. Even better have a email with suggestion from users if you want to improve it.
Finally, I have asked for years now to have a way to delete old books off icloud on the app.
Buggy as hell
Updated to the new version and regret it.
The books I had stored in my device are no longer there.
The app "forgets" my place within my current read, forcing me to re-download and start over from the beginning every time I open the app.
Thanks for a lousy user experience, Audible app team! Performance trumps "new features" and "interface enhancements" every time.
Guess I'm going back to iTunes.
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 72.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2015. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.