Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to audiobooks on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 180,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from bestsellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time when your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more, with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and
discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com\help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.11
What’s new in 2.11
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
• Redesigned FAQ makes it even easier to find answers to your questions
• Clips: Added time stamps and simplified process for adding notes
New useless features
Podcasts and news are very annoying to me i wanna have the choice to turn them off. One seeks comfort from a long stressful working day and listen to a book I don't wanna be bothered by news and stuff. I will no more buy any audiobooks unless you give us the choice to turn off these new and unwanted features.
Version 2.11 crashes
Recommend it normally. BUT. I just updated to version 2.11 on my iPod. Now the Audible app won't open. They suggest uninstall/reinstall the App but then you lose all the Finished tags. Which can be really annoying the more books you have. Waiting for a response on whether they are going to fix this.
Book marks and notes are useless now.
This app is getting harder to use with each major update. The bookmark and notes was what I used. You could early save a book mark and add a note and then see you notes in order. As well they were easy to review and edit. Very disappointed in how the app upgrades are added. Seriously if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Sadly, the way the bookmark and notes are now makes the app useless for me and I won't be (need) to buy anymore audible books.
Dumb you guys... 🙄🔫
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 51.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2015. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.