Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to audiobooks on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 180,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from bestsellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time when your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more, with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and
discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com\help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.5.3
We’ve resolved issues experienced by a small portion of our customers who had upgraded to version 2.5. This version includes:
• Fixes for crashes and other anomalies, such as the “low storage” error that prevented downloads.
• Improvements in VoiceOver mode for the volume and position scrubber.
• Seamless playback for multi-part books.
• Additional performance improvements for the iPod and the “Book info” pages.
If you were among those affected by one of these glitches, we thank you again for your patience.
Broke it for me. iPhone 6+
Love audible. The app has been fine for me up to now. This version is unusable on my phone. 2.5.3
1) so slow it appears unresponsive to inputs. Literally up to a minute to respond to a touch.
2) keeps stopping play after 5 min
3) has eaten 15% of battery in 40 minutes of frustratingly trying to work with it.
It's my vacation. I've hard rebooted twice to make sure it's not my phone. All other apps nominal. Made me wish I didn't have automated updates. So much for the book I was going to enjoy this day off. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Please fix ASAP. This review applies to version 2.5.3 only.
PS: Apple: please provide a mechanism for rolling back an app update.
Issue with some books
Some books I downloaded earlier are not responding, I can have them run.
I almost never write reviews but audible is one of the best services around. Just try it.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 72.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2015. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.