By BananaGlue GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iNet provides you with information about networks and devices your Mac is connected to. Its very easy and user friendly design even allows the unexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network, the running services and the Wi-Fi quality.
In the current version the following functions are available:
• Network Scanner
• Bonjour Browser
• Airport Monitor
• Wake on Lan
We did our best to develop a solution that makes network observing as simple as possible. Wether you are a network expert or a common user - iNet provides the information you need to find out what's going on in your network.
• See all devices that are online and connected to a network, along with vendor, IP and MAC addresses
• Assign your own names and icons or choose from the provided icons for easier identifying a device in the scan list. Most Mac devices are displayed with their original icon.
• Set scan range and interface to scan
• Export scan results in csv format
• Connect to devices via different protocols
• Detect all running Bonjour services realtime
• Detect running services on a discrete device
• Detailed information about a service
• Choose the active Bonjour domain for observing
• Attention for users of the latest 2013 Airport edition with 802.11ac: Because SNMP support has been disabled iNet cannot retrieve the usage statistics and wifi strength any more with these models. All other features of iNet are working properly. The following Airport monitoring features can only be used with models prior to the 802.11ac:
• See the current condition of Apple Airport base stations like Airport express or Time Capsule
• Monitor network traffic on Airport devices
• Find detailed information about your Airport base stations like MAC address, IP's, used channels and so on
• See the connection quality of the connected wifi clients in realtime
Wake on Lan:
• Wake devices remotely in your local network or via internet
• Put devices remotely to sleep, shutdown or restart (Macintosh only)
• Add devices to favorites
• Send commands via ssh to devices
• Extensive help section
• Dictionary of used terms
We will add modules in the future like traceroute and more. iNet is also available for iPhone and (soon) for iPad.
What's New in Version 1.3.3
[Added] Support for custom icons
[Added] Retina support
[Added] Wake on LAN via Dock menu
[Added] Window size gets restored on relaunch
[Fixed] Edit name/icon on retina Macs
Like the iOS iNet app, this OS X version of iNet is fantastic. It shows all devices, including MAC address and manufacturer. Exports results to PDF or CSV. Well worth the money for speed and convenience.
Great Product - awesome support
Works very well, I’ve used all feature except WOL, and I’ve had no problems.
I have contacted the vendor with a minor concern regarding the latest APs from Apple and they explained the situation to me.
I have purchased others like it this but in my opinion this one is top of the list.