By Bloom Built, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
2014 Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Five mice. A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal." —Macworld
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Quick entry window in menu bar (Mac version)
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
• Command-line interface for power users
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing (Displays music tracked in iOS app)
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your Mac devices with Dropbox or iCloud (iOS sync with purchase of iOS app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Automated local backups
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare (iOS version)
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
Promotional image backgrounds courtesy of John Carey / fiftyfootshadows.net
What's New in Version 1.10
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- NEW: OS X Photos app support.
- NEW: Mac OS X Share Extensions—Create entries using the OS X system share menu.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/blog)
- NEW: Added white menu bar icon to support dark menu mode.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
- NEW: Added Diagnostics tab to Preferences for troubleshooting issues.
- FIXED: Improved import functionality.
More pictures please!
I love using this app - it has many great features: ability to set reminders, inspirational ideas to get you writing, organization (tags, chronological sorting, etc), ability to add a photo, etc. However, I would love the ability to add more than one photo to an entry and be able to write about the photo underneath each one. Thanks Day One!
Best app, with critical flaw
I love this app. Those looking for a good way to log their thoughts and days need look no farther—but only if you’re not concerned with airtight security. The app has never been encrypted, but since the introduction of their own sync solution, it’s even worse. Now developers and IT people on the cloud end can actually read your stuff. Granted, it’s unlikely anyone ever would, but they could.
It seems to me, as a personal journaling platform, the very *first* thing it should be is secure. No one should have access under any circumstances. As of right now, Day One isn’t that app. If you can ignore that though, this is a stunner of an app with a bright future. You just have to live with your data not being secure if you want to use the full feature set.