By Bloom Built, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
2014 Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Five mice. A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal." —Macworld
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Quick entry window in menu bar (Mac version)
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
• Command-line interface for power users
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing (Displays music tracked in iOS app)
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your Mac devices with Dropbox or iCloud (iOS sync with purchase of iOS app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Automated local backups
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare (iOS version)
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
Promotional image backgrounds courtesy of John Carey / fiftyfootshadows.net
What's New in Version 1.9.6
- Fixed an issue that caused Day One to crash upon launch for some users.
My diaries are gone….
I updated the app and all the writings i wrote in the past were completely gone…. Do not buy this app
For Journaling It is Great
I don’t use Day One as a diary per se; I use it instead as a Journalling app to record what I did on a given day - different than say a to-do list or reminders app - which don’t allow necessarily for the unanticipated. I log every item that I did of importance (phone call, important email, bil paid, etc) into Day One. And it allows me to easily refer back to those events - by day and chronologically.
For those who are “diarists”, Day One may be ideal. But for those of us looking to just easily transcriibe daily “I did’s”, it is equally invaluable. So yes: really liking it and using it daily. Definitely recommended as a history trail application; never regretted the purchase.
Purchased this app yesterday, after writing an entry I opened the app and when I went to calendar view it forced shut down. Tried again, same thing. Everytime I reopen it the number of entries it says I have written goes up, I’m currently at 13 entries. No access to my one legitimate entry.