Readmill ebook reader - read books and share your highlights!
By Readmill Network Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Readmill is a beautiful ebook reader that lets you read and share books. Try it and discover how great reading books on your phone or tablet can be.
A THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED READING EXPERIENCE
· Text on the screen is enough, nothing else. With elegant typography, nighttime reading and easy brightness adjustment, this is the most comfortable ebook reader in the world.
· Discover how quickly you finish books, how much time you have left and other stats on how you read.
· Review books and share your thoughts with the rest of the Readmill community.
· Read books privately and keep your reading list secret.
HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PASSAGES
· Highlight your favorite passages both in ePub and PDF.
· View highlights from the Readmill community as you read.
· Share highlights to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, email and text message.
BRING YOUR LIBRARY WITH YOU, WHEREVER YOU GO
· Readmill stores all your ebooks and keeps everything in sync across your devices (including the page you were on).
· Supports ePub, PDF and ACSM files (both DRM and DRM free)
· Upload ebooks from your computer to readmill.com and they will sync to all your devices.
DISCOVER GREAT FREE BOOKS
· Browse and download selected free books in the Explore section.
· Search among thousands of free books in our catalog.
· Discuss your favorite books with other readers.
· Get recommendations when you finish a book, so you never run out of interesting things to read.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF READERS AND AUTHORS
· Readmill is not just an ebook reader. It's also a community of readers and authors, making it a great way to discover new exciting books. We'd love to have you with us.
Find out more on http://readmill.com
View your Library online at http://readmill.com/library
Keep up to date with the latest Readmill product news on our blog: http://blog.readmill.com
or Twitter: http://twitter.com/Readmill
What's New in Version 3.5.1
· Sepia mode - reading is now easier on the eyes
· @mentions - simply type @ and start writing the name of your friend
· Improvements to night mode
· Bug fixes
Social media forced upon you
This app forces Social media upon you, why do you need to read others' comments and their books can not even be opened. This is one of most ridiculous and senseless apps. Reading is a private activity, login and sharing annotation must be optional not a must.
Not useful yet
Allows import of books from Dropbox- BUT doesn't allow you to choose which folders to import from.
Only allows import of 500 books, which is fine for most, however since I cannot choose which folders to import , I am left to sort through 2000+ files. I will not do that. I have already organized them, and this doesn't even notice the existing file structure.
It grabs all PDF files. Great. I have scans saved as PDFs, backgrounds, etc. I AM NOT going thru all of them.
Does not allow books to be imported by genre or category, i.e. Fiction or non-fiction, science fiction or history, in fact , they can't even be sorted properly.
Social media.. Whatever. I am a reader and it is my books that matter. I have good reads for social antics. I have book crawler to manage my library. I have 6 other reader apps. Goodreader allows me to read PDF files and mark them up.
So far, I see no reason to keep this app. I realize folks worked hard on this, but well, did you STUDY what was already out there?
Beautiful but lacking functions
Sure, Readmill has a beautiful and elegant interface, and the website is a nice feature too. But it's only good if you have a tiny collection, because there's no way to organize your books. Oh and if you borrow books from a library, you're out of luck: you just can't return them.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 04, 2014
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Readmill Network Ltd.
- © 2013 Readmill Network Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.