Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.15
Welcome to Skype 6.15 for iPad. This update contains numerous bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please continue to send us feedback from within the app or via the Skype Community We are listening!
Great resource when travelling
Excellent economical way to make long distance calls when gaveling to place where home pons are expensive. Have used it to participate in several long meetings - generally reliable , for extend extended time , assuming wifi is decent.
Skype is great, this app, not so much
Tried to top up my Skype credits with the app, which went through iTunes. Money wouldn't show up in my Skype account. Apple refunded my money, and recommended I wait until Skype fixes the bug.
I think Skype is great
I use it for long distance to another computer, tablet or cellular telephone for free, which is truly fantastic. I also have an excellent subscription to call regular landline telephones in Canada & U.S. & some other North American locations for only $2.99 CAD per month - I use this for long distance and occasionally when the regular telephone at home is busy or I'm not at home, to make local calls to landlines. I am very happy with Skype.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 28, 2016
- Version: 6.15
- Size: 98.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$6.99