Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moves automatically tracks your everyday exercise, commuting and time spent in important places. Just carry your phone in your pocket or bag.
NEW IN MOVES 2.5: A Complete Exercise Diary!
• Over 60 new activity types
• New activities are not (yet) automatically recognized, but easy to add
• Automatically tracks walking, cycling and running
• Recognizes the places in your daily life
• Shows your day as a simple storyline
• Plots your routes on a map
• Step counter (pedometer)
• Calories burned for each activity
• Support for the M7 co-processor in iPhone 5s
More features available from the Connected Apps catalog.
Seeing your everyday life in a new way can motivate you to move more. Set simple goals (e.g. 10,000 steps a day) and start with small changes that can lead to a fitter lifestyle and healthier habits.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moves has been designed to use GPS and other sensors sparingly. The app relies mostly on acceleration data, cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. The Battery Saving Mode will further minimize battery consumption when stationary in a place.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT IOS 7
Moves needs to run continuously in the background to track your activities:
1. Ensure that you have BACKGROUND APP REFRESH turned ON for Moves (iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh)
2. If you close Moves in the multitasking view by swiping up (this is the view you get by double-pressing the home button), Moves will be turned off until you open the app yourself again.
Category icons are the copyrights of Foursquare Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.6
• Make activities automatic by place: e.g. get ‘gym training’ when you visit the gym
• Flights recognition (even when the phone is off!)
• Account and data deletion
Track while off
This app would be a lot better if it could track while the app was off like the old moves used to do. It waste a lot more battery now that you always need to have the app on.
Great App - Unusable
I love the idea and execution of this app it works extremely well. Unfortunately on a iPhone 5 or less the battery usage makes the app unusable. When I close the app my battery doesn't drain nearly as fast. I estimate a loss of 15-30% in battery when the app is running.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ProtoGeo Oy
- © 2013 ProtoGeo Oy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.