National Parks by National Geographic
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Geographic presents a beautiful, award-winning interactive guide to 25 of America's most visited national parks. Included free are photo galleries, visitor information, and maps. Purchase the full guides for an even richer experience—and explore the national parks like never before.
Whether you are seeking inspiration and planning your next trip or you’re looking for the ultimate in utility, National Geographic has everything you need to explore twenty-five of the most-visited U.S. national parks at your fingertips. Watch for updates as we continue to add more parks!
Acadia • Arches • Badlands • Big Bend • Bryce Canyon • Canyonlands • Death Valley • Denali • Everglades • Glacier • Grand Canyon • Grand Teton • Great Smoky Mountains • Haleakalā • Hawai'i Volcanoes • Hot Springs • Joshua Tree • Mount Rainier • Olympic • Rocky Mountain • Sequoia and Kings Canyon • Shenandoah • Yellowstone • Yosemite • Zion
Each park guide has all the information you’ll need to know before you go (or get while you’re there!): local time, weather, how to get there, when to go, where to camp or stay, what to do, what to see, and so much more. Plus, each park guide comes with a custom-designed stamp—collect one at each park you visit.
National Geographic is known for its photography, and this app is no different. Explore the parks—from Joshua Tree to the Everglades, from Acadia to Zion—through spectacular images and never-before-seen vintage shots. Plus, learn how to re-create the best photos from the experts: National Geographic photographers.
• Global and interactive map views with filtering by activity and seasonality
• Personalized user space to track your favorite parks, activities, itineraries, photos, and more
• Thousands of points of interest, all tagged with GPS coordinates for easy planning and locating
• The top must-sees and must-dos for each park, curated by National Geographic editors
• Stunning photo galleries for each park, plus rare vintage images from the National Geographic Archive
• Photo tips from National Geographic photographers
• Sharing through Facebook, email, and Twitter
• Collectible park stamps
• And much, much more!
**v1.2.2 enabled iCloud synching of your Park Guide purchases. Please ensure that you have enabled iCloud and have turned on Documents & Data on all of your devices that are synched with the same Apple ID.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to access content.
- 2012 Winner: Apple Design Award, iPhone Developer Showcase
- iPad Editor's Choice!
- iPhone App of the Week!
- W3 Awards - Best in Show 2012
- Webby Awards Honoree - Best Visual Design
"Here is an iPhone app that Teddy Roosevelt and Ansel Adams might love." —Macworld
"And, in true NatGeo fashion, it’s the photos—professional, archival and user-generated—that make the app." —NBCNews.com
"All in all ... I can say that this is one of the most inspiring, useful and consistent iPhone apps I’d seen in a while..." — Macstories.com
What's New in Version 1.4
- Major upgrades for full iOS7 compatibility and features,
- Decreased overall size of the app to allow for faster updates and launching of the app, and a better experience overall.
- Trip itinerary storage and syncing across devices & through updates,
- Emergency fix for a user-reported crash.
Minor content updates, plus visual and functional tweaks, including:
- Corrected location of Sunrise Point in Mount Rainier National Park,
- Corrected location of Port Angeles in Olympic National Park,
- Addressed typo in Denali Park Secrets #6,
- Added a number of new lodges and updated existing lodges for several parks,
- Corrected location of Appalachian National Scenic Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Plus many very minor photo, text, and metadata tweaks, to keep the content and experience as rich and accurate as possible.
As always, we welcome your feedback at email@example.com!
Where are the rest of the parks?
It seems like it's pretty well set up but it's missing over 30 parks. Also I question it's usability when you're off-line without Wi-Fi as you generally are when you're in a national Park. It is pretty nice to have general information about the hikes and activities at the parks for planning purposes. For $13 I expected more.
DO NOT BUY CONTENT!
I bought the full package, all the parks info... hardly works at all. Most content won't load up. The problem is not my iPad or the iOS, it's the app. Get your act together national geographic! Stop stealing from people!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 96.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- set of all available park guides$12.99
- Grand Canyon Guide$1.99
- Yellowstone Guide$1.99
- Yosemite Guide$1.99
- Zion Guide$1.99
- Joshua Tree Guide$1.99
- Bryce Canyon Guide$1.99
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon Guide$1.99
- Death Valley Guide$1.99
- Arches Guide$1.99