MyPermissions - Online Privacy Shield
By Online Permissions Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you know who can access your personal information? What about how often they are accessing it?
Protect yourself from unknowingly sharing photos, documents, locations, contacts, emails, or any other sensitive information. Use MyPermissions and take back control of your privacy!
* Scan your major online accounts and your phone to see what apps have access to your personal data
* 24/7 Protection - get alerts when apps gain access to your private info, and confirm your authorization or revoke permissions immediately
***** WHAT IS MYPERMISSIONS? *****
MyPermissions offers a powerful way to scan, track and control how applications access your personal information online. Know what apps you’ve connected to on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and more are accessing what data - and approve, remove or report them.
- MyPermissions helps protect against privacy invasions across all major online services, including:
MSNBC: "finds and fixes all your privacy settings"
Mashable: "Have 2 Minutes? Check Out Who Has Access to Your Social Media Accounts"
USA Today: "See what programs and services can borrow your keys [...] and think carefully and skeptically to decide if they still deserve that privilege."
Wired: "Finding the permissions pages can be tricky, but the nice folks at MyPermissions made a handy dashboard linking to every one"
***** HOW DOES IT WORK? *****
-Add the online accounts (social networks) you'd like to scan. We'll check for external connections using your online account to access your personal information, and add them to your report.
- Use the dashboard to get an overview of who's accessing your data on all your monitored services
- Need to enter your credentials? No worries! We don't use, collect, or store ANY of your personal data (we promise!) -- we'll direct you to the account's home website and you'll enter your information into their server
- MyPermissions is free to download and free to use with some limitations.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- Service picker fixes
- Updated translations
Works very well
I contacted the people who make this software. I suggested they should add the ability to handle more than a single account. I have two and dealt with that by putting the second on my iPad.
I received a prompt reply that ability to handle more than one account is coming soon.
Good app. Prompt reply. Open to suggestions for features or improvement. What more could you ask for?
Best apps for keep your privacy, really good support to. I really recommended
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 30, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Online Permissions Technologies Ltd.
- © Online Permissions Technologies 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.