By TopHatch, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Concepts is the award-winning, advanced sketching and design app for professional creators. With our infinite canvas and organic brushes, fluid and responsive vector drawing engine, and intuitive precision tools, your design experience has never felt so natural. Whether you’re an architect, product designer, illustrator or visual thinker, you can explore, iterate and share your designs anywhere you go.
- Infinite canvas and movable menus for a comfortable, focus-driven drawing workflow.
- Sketch with fluid pens or CAD-like wires, traditional-style pencils, markers and live-blending watercolor with COPIC or custom color sets.
- Mix and drag colors into your own palettes to preserve tone and mood, or reference colors from images with our new vector color picker.
- Select and adjust every stroke you’ve drawn for ultimate drawing control and easy iterations.
- Our precision shape guides, snap and measurement tools respond to real-world scale and do the math for you.
- Enjoy infinite, adjustable Layers, with a Focus Mode for quick reference and touchup.
- Create, organize and share custom object libraries for use in multiple projects, synced free across devices.
- Choose from a variety of powerful exports in standard or vector formats like High-res PNG, SVG, DXF (CAD) or PSD with a connected Adobe CC account. Share with your colleagues or bridge with other apps for further development.
- Optimized for iOS 11’s attention to workflows with Drag & Drop, and fine-tuned to work seamlessly with Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro with 120Hz ProMotion rendering.
Concepts is used by top designers at Apple, Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Unity, Illumination Entertainment, and many more.
- "I use Concepts more than any other tool. I absolutely love it. The natural, fluid, vector-based workflow is so easy to use, but incredibly powerful. The technology never gets in the way of creativity. The fast and clean user experience makes it a joy to use.” - Yarrow Cheney, production designer, film director
- "The Concepts app has not changed what I do, just transformed how I do it. It offers me the power, flexibility and adaptability of technology with all the sensitivity and immediacy of traditional hand drawing. In short, it is an app that I now cannot imagine being without, and the only time I've experienced something that betters pen and paper.” - Ewen Miller, head of Calderpeel Architects
- “I use it just for everything. Drawing, making notes, brainstorming, PDF markup, wireframing, design — EVERYTHING. And it delivers.” - natanaeldekross
Start sketching with our solid, free sketching package. Enjoy beautiful tools, COPIC colors, five layers, our infinite canvas and JPG exports.
Upgrade to the Essentials, designed specifically for professionals. Gain the powerful ability to select and adjust your strokes after you’ve drawn them, use our precision shape guides and shape objects, and export PNG, PSD, SVG, DXF and CONCEPT native file formats.
Get just what you need A-la-Carte, like royalty-free, vector object libraries, Make Your Own Objects (use them as Stickers in iMessage) and deep PDF integration.
Or subscribe monthly or yearly and gain access to every library and feature in app, plus our brand new Team services for quick collaboration: secure live sharing of libraries, palettes and all future libraries + content.
If you opt to subscribe to Concepts Everything monthly or yearly, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at time of purchase. Your plan will renew automatically at the price shown above within 24 hours of the end of the billing period, unless turned off beforehand. You can cancel or make changes anytime in your iTunes Account settings.
We're dedicated to quality and update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Lasse Pekkala and Mimochai for cover art!
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements to our biggest update yet, Concepts 5.
BRAND NEW INTERFACE
Creative freedom is behind everything we do at TopHatch. Your biggest constraints should be those you define, and your tools should be flexible and customized to your needs. Today we’re excited to give you more control and more flexibility, while making Concepts easier to learn and use than ever before.
The first thing you’ll notice is the new Tool Wheel. All your favorite tools are here, and more of them. The classic toolbar is there, too, if you prefer -- try a tap+hold on the outer ring to pick up the wheel and move it where you like. For that matter, try picking up any menu on canvas and dragging to your favorite zone for alignment.
Tools and Colors are easier to find and manipulate -- there are four presets each for Size and other properties, and completely new color palettes you can customize and activate for each workspace (you can swipe between active palettes on-canvas). Looking for a shade in between two colors? Tap+hold the active palette on-canvas for a lovely Color Mixer.
It seemed a bit ridiculous not to include a Color Picker, so that’s here, too.
And not to brag, but we’ve also managed to double your drawing performance again, depending on device and tools used. What a difference.
With iOS 11, Apple’s attention to designer workflows means you can Drag & Drop images, text, colors, and selections into and out of Concepts. Grab anything in supported apps with a tap+hold, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen to switch apps and drop assets between them.
Selections have changed a bit; now you can pinpoint individual strokes and append or remove from selections with a tap. Check out our videos and tutorials on YouTube and Medium.
FREE CONCEPTS ACCOUNTS
Create a free Concepts account to instantly sync your workspace, color palettes, object packs and tool preferences between devices. iCloud drawing sync is coming soon.
Adobe has ended support for the Market component of Creative Cloud, so this option has been removed from the Import menu.
THE “EASY EVERYTHING” OPTION
Depending on your budget and creative needs, you can now opt for the Everything option, a monthly or yearly subscription designed for those who require services outside the bounds of a self-contained app, like future access to third party libraries or team sharing. Every option - including free and Pro - will continue to exist and improve with each release.
In this version, the Everything option includes all Object Market content (all object packs, now and going forward), Make Your Own Objects, PDF import/export, advanced manipulation, the precision toolkit, powerful exports, under-24 hour support, access to our exclusive Pro Community, and regular updates every 4-6 weeks.
It also includes our very first Team feature: Live Asset Sharing. Instantly share any object pack or color palette you’ve created with absolutely anyone - just tap-and-hold your packs to get started. Those you share with will always have the latest version of your packs -- no manual syncing required.
This is easily our largest update to-date. A huge thanks is due to the thousands of people we’ve talked to shaping this and future releases, and we hope you’ll show your support by leaving a five-star review in the App Store and/or sharing with us on social @ConceptsApp. Your work just got a bit faster and more fun. Much love,
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Update is counter-productive
Not happy with the new update feels like a step backward in making the app better, now you have to find all the tools you need. It doesn't seem to have the 4 quick select tools anymore. Very upsetting. Wish there was a way to get my money back from this app
The best gets better!
Wow... what an impressive update to this already unique and powerful creative app.
If you want to draw with the look of natural media but then have the freedom to update the vectors of your strokes (AND if you like great support from a development team) this is the app for you.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack$13.99
- PDF Essentials$6.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$10.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$6.99
- Shape Library$2.79
- DIY Stickers$5.49
- 3 Object Pack Credits$6.99
- 10 Object Packs$20.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $10.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$8.49