LearnENT is the official educational application of the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. Developed by students, residents & faculty from across Canada, LearnENT is a collaborative effort that aims to provide a standardized approach to education in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery.
== KEY FEATURES ==
• LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS: history, physical, anatomy, pathophysiology and more
• AVOID COMMON PITFALLS: LearnENT highlights common learner mistakes for each part of the physical exam
• PRACTICE YOUR SKILLS: learn to investigate, diagnose and treat common conditions in the Virtual Clinic interactive case simulations
• PREPARE FOR THE OR: step-by-step walkthroughs of the most common surgical procedures in OTOHNS
• DEVELOP YOUR DIFFERENTIAL: work your way through clinical algorithms for common presentations such as neck mass, hearing loss, hoarseness, and more
• PREPARE FOR THE EXAM: LearnENT’s question bank includes many vetted questions commonly encountered on medical school exams, and also contains all questions from the “Black Book”, the official text of the Canadian Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency Review Course
== THE DETAILS ==
• LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS: LearnENT offers detailed sections on the OTOHNS history, physical exam, anatomy, clinical cases and more! Subsections include the nasal exam, the ear exam, the neck & thyroid exam, the oral cavity exam, flexible nasolaryngoscopy and the Dix Hallpike.
• WIDE BREADTH OF CONTENT: LearnENT features content for learners of all levels, from medical students to surgical fellows. Content types range from quick reference snippets (eg: cancer staging, classification systems, clinical algorithms), to longer didactic chapters on clinical skills, common conditions, surgical procedures and more.
• TEST YOUR LEARNING: Test your knowledge through the use of multiple choice and written answer questions, as well as interactive drag and drop quizzes, visual diagnosis of common ENT disorders and more!
• FIND CONTENT QUICKLY: Have a quick question in clinic? Forget some of the pertinent anatomy or physical exam? Quickly and easily search across LearnENT's content using its built-in search engine to find the info you need.
• CUSTOM TAILORED TO LEARNERS OF ALL STYLES: LearnENT uses a multi-modality approach in order to target users of all learning styles. From didactic written sections to interactive quizzes and narrated video clips, LearnENT aims to make your learning experience as stress free as possible.
~~ To ensure you always receive the most up to date content, you must be connected to the internet in order to use LearnENT ~~
== ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ==
LearnENT would not be possible without the significant financial support of the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (CSOHNS), as well as the Canadian Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Fund (COHNS Fund).
We would also like to thank all of the surgeons from Canada and across the world who developed the content for this application.
- Added the ability to add links to different sections of the app
- Other minor bug fixes
- Scott Kohlert
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2018 Scott Kohlert
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.