OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7 and 8 (as of v2.4, iOS 8 is required). We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
• Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
• Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
• Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
• Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
• Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
• Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
• Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
• Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
• Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
For more information, please check out our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Landscape Mode — OmniFocus now works in Landscape. On iPhone 6 Plus in Landscape, there is a sidebar (unless running with Zoom turned on in the Settings App).
• Today Extension — Items deferred until today can now be shown in Notification Center. For even more flexibility, check out the Universal edition of OmniFocus (with Pro).
• Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Including crash fixes.
About 9 years since I started with OmniFocus
If you want a solid app to keep track of all the things you need and want to do in life, get OmniFocus.
If you use a cheap app you'll get cheap results.
Having used OmniFocus for many years, I'm strongly hoping that the OmniGroup have an even higher vision of what Omnifocus can become in the future than I can possibly imagine.
Here are some items that would make Omnifocus reach higher limits.
-Graphical perspectives(imagine looking at a graph where you can quickly see that you are already overcommitted and can not take on another project)
-Multiple contexts/tags(It's now the 21st century)
-Being able to see deferred tasks that you missed in the forecast view.
-A way to use Siri to ask questions like: "What are my due items today?" Or
"Siri, what is in my context called errands?" Perhaps this can only be done if Apple allowed the integration of Siri at this level.
-Uploading emails to the Omnifocus inbox without having to forward it to an email first. This will unfortunately only be available when Apple allows email extensions.
All the best to all of you.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2015 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.