OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thank you for your interest in OmniFocus 2! We encourage anyone considering OmniFocus to purchase our universal app rather than this iPhone-only app. The universal app adds new features and is designed for all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The universal app is the same price as this iPhone-only app, but it’s a better deal.
This app is still in the App Store so we can continue to offer updates to our existing customers, and so they can use Complete My Bundle to switch to the universal app without having to pay full price.
If you're a new customer considering OmniFocus, we encourage you to follow the Related Apps links to our universal OmniFocus 2 app (the one with a black checkmark on the icon, rather than this one with the white checkmark).
If you've been using OmniFocus 2 for iPhone and would like to start using OmniFocus on your Apple Watch or iPad, you can use Complete My Bundle with the OmniFocus Universal Bundle to get full credit for your existing investment in OmniFocus. (If you previously purchased OmniFocus 2 for iPad, you don't even need to Complete My Bundle! Check your Purchased apps: the universal update is free.)
If you own this app and don’t need the universal app, you’ll still get major free updates: features such as Dark Mode, Swipe to Flag, and Push-Triggered Syncing are on the way. Stay tuned!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.6
### iPhone customers please note: If you've been using OmniFocus 2 for iPhone and would like to also start using OmniFocus on your Apple Watch or iPad, you can use Complete My Bundle with the OmniFocus Universal Bundle to get full credit for your existing investment in OmniFocus. ###
OmniFocus 2.6 adds an optional Dark Color Palette, more responsive sync, and Swipe to Flag. It also includes many bug fixes.
• Dark Color Palette — Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts. You’ll find controls for this feature in OmniFocus Settings.
• Swipe to Flag — Toggle the flag on tasks or projects from any list or outline.
• Responsive Syncing — OmniFocus now uses Push to trigger syncs so that changes made elsewhere are dowloaded to your device more quickly. As of this release, support for Push on the Omni Sync Server is in beta (https://www.omnigroup.com/blog/push-triggered-sync-in-omnifocus) . Even if you sync with your own WebDAV server, this feature changes the amount of (anonymous) data that reaches Omni servers; check out this support article for more information (https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-push-architecture). In order for your Mac to trigger a sync in OmniFocus for iOS, it must be running OmniFocus 2.2.1 or later.
• Sync Settings — Sync Settings have been redesigned to incorporate Push, as well as provide a client list and a log of recent syncs.
• Incompatible Database Alert — This now offers to email OmniFocus support and include debug information that will help us find out why you received it.
• Sync While Editing — OmniFocus now integrates sync changes in many more situations*, though sync is still postponed:
• While creating a new item.
• While a text field is being edited (i.e. the keyboard is open).
• While a sub-editor like the repeat details view is open.
• HTTP Request Headers —- Our WebDAV HTTP requests now include an X-Caused-By: header which indicates the reason for the current operation. We’ll be using this header to analyze the effects of Push on Omni Sync Server traffic.
• Cold Launch — Updated the splash image used for cold launch to be less jarring when the dark palette is enabled.
• Inherited Dates — Inherited dates now appear in italics to reduce confusion.
• Edit Mode — We no longer give the No Context group drag handles in edit mode, since it can’t be moved.
• Grouping Counts — Grouping counts now immediately update in response to view option changes.
• Due Date Picker — If a Defer Date is set, the Due Date now defaults to it instead of Today.
• URLS in Notes — Made tapping links in notes easier.
• Sharing from Other iOS Apps — If a share provider provides separate title and content, we now place the title in the new action’s title and the content in its note.
• VoiceOver — Greatly improved VoiceOver support.
• Miscellaneous Fixes — Assorted smaller crash fixes and stability improvements.
* This change means that OmniFocus’ “last edit wins” method of sync reconciliation is more obvious in some situations, but those situations should be limited (they require simultaneous edits to the same item).
Disgusting. You guys should be ashamed.
Your app works reasonably well but the fact that every instance of it is extremely expensive and then you try and make us pay $28 Canadian for the watch version of the app means I'm getting rid of you and going to a different product. OMNI clearly has some pretty unethical people running it since every MINOR upgrade and change is $20-$100. Honestly I'm done with your apps and practices, I was once loyal and have bought $200+ in software privately (not business reimbursed) and I'll just go elsewhere). You guys are brutally unreasonable for your constant financial trickery. I'd rather pay $20/yr for sync service than have you randomly update and charge me $20-$50 an upgrade, randomly, for a UI update.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2015 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.