Victoria Police Department
By Bowen Osoko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All from your pocket.
The mobile VicPD app connects all VicPD channels into one single, mobile friendly, iOS7 ready application.
Want to be notified when a child goes missing in Victoria or Esquimalt? - This is the app for that.
Need to report a crime where the suspect is unknown and the loss is less than $5000? –This is the app for that that.
Want to stay connected with all VicPD’s social media notifications in your hand, whether they be Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest or Soundcloud? This is the app for that, too.
Join us with the mobile VicPD app and help make Victoria and Esquimalt Canada’s safest region.
• News: Read the latest VicPD news and find out what’s happening in the fight against crime in Victoria and Esquimalt. This includes all VicPD News features, such as media releases.
• Report Crime: Report crimes where the suspect is unknown to you and the total loss is less than $5000 from the convenience of your iPhone. You can report vandalism, graffiti, lost, stolen or damaged goods, counterfeit currency, theft from vehicle, shoplifting, fraud below $5000, bicycle theft, found bicycles and more, all from the app. No more waiting on hold to report your crime. You will need a valid email address to use this feature.
• Is This Yours?: Reconnect with your lost or stolen property through this photo catalogue.
• Crime Maps: See reports of crime in your geographic location. All data displayed in this featured section of the app is presented at the 00-block level and cleaned of personal information.
• Photos: View and search for the latest images of VicPD in action in our Flickr archives. Browse through images of our bike squad, Emergency Response Team, K9, Patrol, Traffic and more.
• Videos: Watch videos from the VicPD You Tube Channel
• Audio: Listen to VicPD News features, media releases and interview. .
• Twitter: @VicPDCanada is one of our main channels of communication. If it’s happening, we’re tweeting about it.
• Facebook: Interact with VicPD Canada on our Facebook page. Share, like and comment on our latest news, events and busts.
• Recruiting: Join VicPD. This isn’t just to become an officer. Stay up to date with our latest job and volunteer postings, including the 911 Communications Centre, Civilian careers, Reserves, Volunteer positions. Do your part for our community and join with us.
• VicPD Stories: Follow along with D Watch and read Sgt. Fairburn’s stories from the streets of Victoria and Esquimalt.
• Submit a tip: Be the eyes and ears of VicPD by submitting anonymous tips through Crime Stoppers and help fight crime.
• Traffic Complaints: After a 24-hour cooling-down period, report traffic violations online, with actions ranging from general information for our traffic section, warnings, or issuing a ticket. You will need a valid email address to utilize this feature, and in the event a ticket is issued you must be willing to attend court and testify.
Through the “i” Information icon:
• Email Feedback: Provide feedback to VicPD. Let us know suggested improvements and new features you would like to see added. The mobileVicPD application is for you, the citizens we serve. Tell us how we can serve you better.
The Victoria Police Department will be adding features in the future so please select automatic updating when you download the application and stay tuned!
This application is powered by, and was developed in collaboration with http://gomobilepd.com
What's New in Version 1.4
- iOS 9 enhancements.