Spell with Pip: An Oxford Spelling Game
By Oxford University Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Featured by Apple as 'Editors Choice'*
Spell with Pip is the new spelling game from Oxford University Press which combines practice with arcade-style gameplay, and bright, beautiful graphics. For children aged 4-8 years.
Compatibility: Requires iPad 2 or above. Please note: this app is not compatible with iPad 1. If you are having problems with the app, please contact technical support at https://global.oup.com/education/content/primary/tech_support/spell-with-pip-app?region=uk where we will be happy to help.
• So much fun children won’t even notice they are practising their spelling, as they help Pip the Parrot get back to his home in the jungle.
• Children will love the vibrant and absorbing gameplay.
• Focuses on words that children commonly find hard to spell, based on the latest research from the team behind the world-famous, market-leading Oxford Dictionaries for children.
• Thousands of words to spell.
• Children can play again and again, earning stars and practising different words each time.
• Words become gradually more difficult across the eighteen levels.
• The fun ‘arcade-style’ game aids the development of hand-eye coordination. Pip the Parrot follows your finger and flies to the letters floating round the screen to collect them.
• The words that children collect are added to their very own dictionary on the app encouraging children to explore definitions and language.
• Includes the pronunciation of over 3,000 words from the ‘Oxford First Dictionary’.
• Suitable for users and learners of either US or UK English.
• The lively soundtrack can be muted, and audio is not necessary to play the game making it also suitable for those with a hearing impairment.
• Multiple profiles allow several children (and adults!) to progress through the game at different rates.
**Featured by Apple as 'Editors Choice' and in the 'Best New Apps’ category (January 2014)**
"a wonderful spelling game ... the dictionary is a wonderful feature." - i Heart This App
"Very, very clever." - Family Tech
"Both my sons don't even notice that they are practising their spelling skills." - Geeks with Juniors
What's New in Version 1.2.1
The following issues have been fixed:
- Letters continuing to stick to the bottom of the screen in certain circumstances. (making it hard to collect them)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 233 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oxford University Press ELT
- © 2013 Oxford University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.