Money by mathies
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Represent various money amounts using these realistic images of Canadian coins and bills.
Create visual representations that help explore mathematical thinking related to:
• Estimating and counting the value of a collection of money
• Skip counting using the value of one of the coins or bills
• Representing the relationship between coins and bills. (e.g., There are 8 quarters in a toonie)
• Adding and subtracting money amounts by making simulated purchases and providing change
• Exploring place value and unit conversions
• Multiplicative thinking
• Anchors of 2, 5 and 10
• Customize the allowable set of currencies
• Resize currency images for easier manipulation
• Show labels indicating the value of each currency
• Set the units of these labels to indicate dollars or cents
• Set the number of copies to drag from the cash drawer
• Step through a history of your work with the undo/redo buttons
• Check to see how many of each type of currency are in the workspace
• Multiple select items in the workspace, then copy, move or recycle as a group
• Communicate your thinking or highlight various features of your representation using the built in annotation tool.
• Import multiple images, position and resize them
• Switch between English and French
What's New in Version 2.1.3
Additional features (revised June 2016):
- Improvements to annotation.
Useful and lots of fun too!
The money tool is versatile and flexible. It allows students many opportunities to work with money, to enhance their multiplicative thinking, to compose and decompose numbers in complex and varied ways and to record and communicate their thinking. -- and the kids love it!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 27, 2016
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
- © 2015 Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.