By iFlightPlanner, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the all-new iFlightPlanner for iPad!
In addition to countless enhancements to the pilot experience throughout the app, iFlightPlanner for iPad now parallels the intuitive flight planning functionality found on iFlightPlanner.com with enhanced location-based features made possible by the iPad. All-new features include:
- Seamless, 2-way synchronization with flights planned at iFlightPlanner.com & mobile.iFlightPlanner.com
- Intuitive route planning via recently issued ATC routes, FAA auto-routing, SIDs & STARs
- Detailed navigation logs with fuel, time & distance en route
- FAA certified weather briefs via CSC DUATS
- Integrated weight & balance calculator for nearly 1,000 aircraft
- Electronic VFR, DC-SFRA, IFR and ICAO flight plan filing and closing
- Hi-resolution U.S. VFR sectional, IFR low/high and TAC charts
- Animated weather imagery from Velocity Weather by Baron
- Map overlays menu with interactive AIRMETs, SIGMETs and SUA
- GPS moving map with integrated flight data recorder
- Graphical range rings and extended runway centerlines
- Virtual GPS compatibility with Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane
- Expanded digital instrument panel with instrument approach timer
- Customizable split-screen view with enhanced approach plate viewer
- Intelligent cockpit voice recorder with auto-pause functionality
- Comprehensive Airport/Facility Directory with national fuel prices
- Digital pilot log with currency and IMC Club proficiency tracker
iFlightPlanner for iPad v2.0 is also one of the first comprehensive flight planning apps for pilots with an interface that fully complies with Apple’s iOS 7 Human Interface Guidelines. That design work was the catalyst for a similar redesign of iFlightPlanner.com, the hub of iFlightPlanner’s integrated flight planning solution.
Pilots may choose either an iFlightPlanner Free or iFlightPlanner Premium membership. Both memberships offer comprehensive flight planning at iFlightPlanner.com, while Premium members will have access to additional and enhanced features at iFlightPlanner.com and comprehensive in-app planning functionality in iFlightPlanner for iPad. For Free members, iFlightPlanner for iPad will provide view-only access to the flights you have planned at iFlightPlanner.com.
We welcome you to take advantage of iFlightPlanner for iPad's 30-day Premium trial to discover which membership is best for you! For a complete feature comparison please visit us online at http://www.iFlightPlanner.com/Features.
NOTE: iFlightPlanner currently supports flight planning within the United States. However, iFlightPlanner for iPad does support worldwide GPS tracking and aviation weather, including METARs and TAFs. Look for more international feature enhancements in upcoming versions!
PLAN. FLY. LOG.
GPS Use and Battery Life: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. iFlightPlanner for iPad provides the ability to turn GPS off when not needed.
* * *
"Between the three of us, we have over 80 years of professional flying and iFlightPlanner rivals the planning solutions
that the airline dispatchers use. The only thing iFlightPlanner does not do for us is fly the planes!" - AEROSTARS
Formation Aerobatic Team
"Simply stunning!" - StuckMicAvCast
"The way in which (iFlightPlanner) simplifies everything is just astonishing!" - Killer Startups
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Georeferenced Airport Diagrams and Instrument Approach Plates
* Georeferenced plates are here! Easily view your GPS position when viewing an airport diagram or approach plate. Or tap "Map It" to overlay the plate in the Flight Map view! Once on the map, tap the menu icon at the upper left of the plate to easily switch plates, airports or to change the opacity of the overlay. A Premium Plus membership is required for georeferenced documents.
* Airports without an official FAA airport diagram will now show the A/FD page in the upper left thumbnail area.
Approach Plate Timer
* When viewing approach plates, we improved the usability of the timer by enlarging the tap area to open the timer and preventing the timer from moving up or down when the toolbar is hidden. iFlightPlanner for iPad will also now remember whether you last had the timer open or closed.
RADAR & Satellite Overlays
* You may now change the opacity of the RADAR and Satellite overlays. Simply tap the View/Split Screen Settings button above the map and move the slider. You may also save your default setting for future use!
TAC & IFR Low Charts
* We added an additional native zoom level to both the TAC and IFR Low charts tiles to enhance the readability when zooming in.
* Unselected download types now will show as 50% transparent so that you can easily see which downloads will be performed when you tap "Download Updates."
* Fixed intermittent map marker bug causing the popup bubble to dissappear immediately when a map marker was tapped.
* Fixed bug causing app to close when Explore Maps or New Flight was tapped. This bug only occurred if the user (or demo account) had custom locations nearly 360 degrees of longitude apart.