Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With a beautiful, streamlined design, iMovie puts the focus on your video and lets you tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, and create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And with iCloud, you can enjoy them in iMovie Theater on all your devices.
Quickly browse and share video
• Enjoy your video library in Video browsing mode
• Easily share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import and native AVCHD support let you begin watching and sharing your video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world's top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names and credits in the Outline
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones in the Storyboard
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 15 unique themes with matching titles and transitions
• Enhance your movie by customizing titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Drag one clip above another to create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side and green screen effects
• Use colour-coded audio waveforms to find the right volume, fade audio in and out, and create advanced audio edits
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and even your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use colour controls
• Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 38 fun video and audio effects
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with beautiful posters as you share clips, movies and trailers
• Click any poster to watch full screen
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy on your HDTV with iMovie Theater on Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Email video clips and projects
• Publish directly to YouTube and Vimeo
• Share on Facebook
• Upload newsworthy video to CNN iReport
• Post to Youku and Tudou
What's New in Version 10.0.3
• Option to sort events in the sidebar by date
• Change the font, size, and color of new titles introduced in iMovie version 10
• Double-click a transition in the timeline to adjust its duration
• Crop and rotate clips in events
• Add speed effects using the Adjustments Bar
• Option to smoothly transition in and out of speed effects
• Fixes issues that could cause iMovie to quit unexpectedly
• Resolves issues that could cause sharing to fail
• Improves reliability of search when using partial or multiple search terms
• General usability improvements on computers using certain languages
This application is so slow on my 2 year old mac it’s unreal, it takes me about an hour to generate thumbnails for a 10 minute long video (not joking). Also very frustrated that we can’t burn dvd’s anymore… BRING BACK IDVD WHY DID YOU TAKE IT AWAY??
Much to my relief, I found that version 9 has been left untouched on my computer, yay.
Missing certain capabilities
I am still getting used to the new layout, but so far I like it. My videos downloaded really quickly this time, without a hitch, so I was pleased with that. I’m not really liking how the video I’m currently editing is all in one straight line instead of in rows, because I get a bit lost when the movie is long. It would be nice to have the option to pick between rows, and a line.
I’m really upset that I can’t select a section from the middle of a clip, or audio to delete it, or turn the volume up or down. I really relied on that. Without it, when I want to, for an example, turn down the volume of a song/(background noise etc) I’m adding to the background for a few seconds I have to:
1 cut the audio,
2 paste a new one,
3 find the section of music that follows after the previous clip,
4 shorten it to the lenth of time that I want it to be quiet,
5 lower the volume,
6 then paste another new one to continue for the rest of the movie at the regular volume (or till the next time i want to change the volume),
7 repeat step 3
Frustrating, time consuming, and lowers the quality of my editing.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 10.0.3
- Size: 1.97 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.2 or later