With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac. And when your movie is ready for its big premiere, you can enjoy it on all your devices in iMovie Theater.
Browse and share video
• See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
• Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
• Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
• Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
• Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
• Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, movies, and trailers
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
• Share directly to YouTube at up to 4K resolution
• Publish movies directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Share any video frame as an image
iOS Developers: Create App Previews for the App Store
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
• Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
• Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM. Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
What's New in Version 10.1.10
• Removes the option to share video files directly to Facebook
• Adds a new Prepare for Facebook option which exports a Facebook-compatible video file to your system that you can manually upload to the Facebook website
• Improves overall stability
Ratings and Reviews
Taken too many things out
I have been using iMovie version 9.0.9 for a long time. Years ago I decided to try the version 10 and hated it. Went back to version 9 then recently I gave version 10 another chance and I still do not like it. Too many things were taken away like adding chapters and sharing with iDVD. I do not think making DVDs is possible with this version. I cannot share projects on QuickTime either. The over all setup seems kind of bizarre as well. Learning to use iMovie version 10 seems more complicated to learn than previous versions. iMovie ’06 was the best.
Waste of time, Apple you are ruined
Just absolute junk, what happened to imovie of the old days where you could actaully do something? repetedly apple have dummbed down all their products to the point of being totally uselss to encourage the iphone generation to get into mac. but apple you have repeatedly dumped on your old software which used to be good! If this is your attempt at tempting people to drop $400 on final cut then you should be ashamed. Final cut X is also junk compared to pre FCPX versions. Im so sick of your rubbish these days, I have used your hardware and software for almost 10 years and Im done, im never investing in anything apple any more. Steve would be horrified to see what his company has become.
CRASHES ON A DAILY BASIS!!
If you want an app that crashes your mac a few times a day then get it. Garbage!
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 2.2 GB
- macOS 10.13.6 or later
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.