Walking Eye app by Insight Guides
Insight Guides’ brand-new Walking Eye app connects printed travel guides (published 2016) with digital destination content and eBooks.
The container app provides standard free content in a chosen destination and includes:
•Activities – free access to a range of local guided tours and sightseeing activities, with the option to book
• Inspire me – our travel blog, updated on a daily basis, which helps you to plan your trip, explore local culture and have truly special experiences
• Ebooks – browse a list of our eBooks, which are available free to customers who have bought a printed book to the dedicated destination, or for purchase individually
• Destinations – browse a list of all available destination premium content for the app, available for free to customers who have bought a printed book to the dedicated destination, or for purchase individually
• Ships – hundreds of independent reviews of river (from May 2016) and ocean (from August 2016) cruise ships available for free to customers who bought a printed edition of "River Cruising in Europe" or "Cruising & Cruise Ships", or for purchase individually
This provides curated premium destination content and full access to all of the app’s information and functions, which is also completely available offline:
• Frequently updated hotel, restaurant and shop listings, carefully chosen and recommended by local experts
• Highlights and places of interest divided by category or region
• A to Z of practical information - a complete directory of handy travel tips on everything from visa regulations to local etiquette
• Around me option to find places of interest nearby
• You can plan a trip, creating a list of your chosen places to visit by adding them to Favourites, or add your own places
• Share your experience with friends using email, Twitter or Facebook
• Access to update for the latest listings following verification of your ownership, or purchase of the destination content
New River Ships + Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot get ebook on iphone. Impossible to scan the book so you cannot get ebook. Tried to get help but response NOT helpful.
Do not buy insight guides until they fix the ebook issue!
Does not work
Can't log in, username not recognized ??
Buggy and not a useful mobile app experience
I keep having to re-download my purchased content. Also, geolocation often fails, saying there is nothing nearby (when other map apps on the phone work). The map feature is useless because it doesn't provide any help to identify where a location is relatively to my current location, or to provide instructions on how to get there. Once this basic mapping features are resolved, I would also expect from this kind of app a feature that helps me build an itinerary between a list of locations I would like to visit, lets me re-order them, and re-builds the itinerary based on that order.
- APA Publications (UK) Ltd.
- 79.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Apa Digital AG 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Guide Namibia (2018) $17.99
- Insight Guides England (DCP) $6.99
- Destination Japan $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.