By Limit Point Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Put your Instagram feed in your menubar!
"The best way to experience Instagram on a Mac"
- Browse the most popular photos on Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram account and see your feed.
- Follow your friends and like their photos.
- Full support for Retina Display!
- Comment on photos!
What's New in Version 1.1
Add comments to photos!
Now displays all comments for every photo!
To those who have used this app before Thurs, Nov 8 and it deemed it unusuable due to no comments, that has been changed. This is a lovely app whose dev is actively working on it, give it a go.
To the devs:
You guys/ gals are doing a really good job of pulling this app into a better direction. Adding comments was definitely a start in said direction. With that in mind, if I may, I would like to suggest a few foundational options that can be built on.
1. The default screen should be ones own feed, not popular. I personally, don't check the popular feed, instagram is for my friends.
2. The option to use directional arrows via keyboard to scroll through the feed would be nice.
3. Although I get the uniqueness of a stalled scroll between each photo, ubiquitous UI functional dictates a continuous scroll. I would rather overscroll than stall as is the current state.
4. Later on down the road, I would provide UI size options in settings. I don't mind the default size of images as it stands but I tend to change most (ie. Tweetbot) to smaller text etc..
5. Kill the 'Pro' nomenclature and its inferior version. I find these variations annoying and useless, especially when the differences aren't easily viewable. You're product is $0.99, good reviews will give it strength. Don't devalue it.
Keep it up, cheers for actively working on this. Also, your update to retina display is truly appreciated. More updates, more often.
OK, needs improvements
App is very slow, it just needs general improvements all over. There is no "news" button that is in the mobile version.