Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
InstantTranslate makes it really easy to translate a selection of text in the application you are working in from one language to another language. Simply select a piece of text hit the shortcut key: Command+Shift+@. InstantTranslate will translate the selected text to the selected destination language, automatically detecting the language of the selection.
- Uses Microsoft® Translator as translation engine.
- Automatically detect the language of the selected text.
- Select the source language if auto detection is not desired.
- Select select the destination language.
- Supported Languages:
Arabic, French, Latvian, Swedish
Bulgarian, German, Lithuanian, Thai
Chinese Simplified, Greek, Norwegian, Turkish
Chinese Traditional, Haitian Creole, Polish, Ukrainian
Czech, Hebrew, Portuguese, Vietnamese
Danish, Hungarian, Romanian
Dutch, Indonesian, Russian
English, Italian, Slovak
Estonian, Japanese, Slovenian
Finnish, Korean, Spanish
- Change the shortcut key to any key combination. The default key is Command+Shift+@.
- Result is shown in a simple pop-up window. No bells and whistles, plain results.
- Remember the position and size of the pop-up window. Put it where you prefer it and it will popup in exactly the same place with the same size as you left it.
- InstantTranslate is available in 4 languages. English, Dutch, Polish, German, Japanese and Chines. More languages coming soon.
What's New in Version 1.2
- French Localization by Rei Vilo http://sites.google.com/site/vilorei/.
- Turned on select all (Command-A).
It does not work
I installed it becuase i am going on a trip and thought this would be helpful but i open it and its blank! i type and nothing happens....
it does not work, google translate is way better and EASY
I try and try and follow exactly what I am supposed to do.
So frustrating. I hate it.
The TEXT app DOES NOT WORK
Not quite ready
The translator has difficulties identifying the language source.
It seems to do only literal translation just imagine the following phrases through the words themselves
His demonstration speaks volume. (Did demonstration had a synthesized loud voice ?)
In other hand, he had many ideas. (How can you have ideas in your other hand ?)
Too simple to be useful for business use.
It woud need a dictionnary of idiom to work.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 25, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Robert Wessels
- © Robert Wessels
Compatibility: OS X 10.5 or later