Kananaskis Trail Map
By David Crawshay
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A topographical map of Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada.
The trails on the map include Burstall Pass, Chester Lake, Rawson Lake, Elbow Lake, Ptarmigan Cirque, Nihahi, Moose Mountain, and Ribbon Falls.
- Search or browse the names of trails, mountains, lakes, rivers, creeks, and backcountry campgrounds.
- Locate nearby mountains using the "Mountain Finder" (on devices with a camera and a compass).
- See the elevation for any point on the map.
- Track your current location with GPS (on devices with a GPS receiver).
- Add flags (waypoints) to mark locations.
- Jump to a location with a latitude/longitude coordinate.
- Measure the distance between two or more points on the map.
- Get driving directions to the current map location.
- Use the map with no Internet connection. The entire map is stored on your device.
This is an unofficial map and is not endorsed by the Government of Alberta.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Improved location tracking
- Fixed iPhone 4 display bug
Wow, great job! Easy to use and nicely done.
Thank you so much for putting this together.
Can we wish for a similar app for BNP, YNP and JNP? :-)
A truly fantastic program, and it's free, amazing, because I live in Calgary and hike a lot in these areas, it would be nice to have more maps in Banff, Yoho, and then charge a couple of dollars for it, it's worth a buck or two the way it is now.
Very cool, nice quick ref. Don't need a map anymore....till yur battery dies.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 06, 2010
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Crawshay
- © 2010 David Crawshay
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.