By Common Sense Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of parents rely on Common Sense Media's age-based ratings and expert reviews to find the best entertainment for their kids. Now parents can access thousands of ratings and reviews -- on the go -- with the new, free Kids Media iPhone and iPad app. Take our whole database of movies, DVDs, TV shows, books, music, apps, websites, and games reviews with you wherever you are, even if you're offline. Get recommendations from Common Sense Media's editors and create age-based profiles for your kids to personalize your search for quality media before renting, buying, watching, or playing.
• Offers instant access to Common Sense Media's 20,000 in-depth expert reviews of entertainment and digital titles
• Detailed reviews give parents critical content info, including amount of violence, sex, language, positive role models, and much more
• Learning ratings and reviews give detailed advice on which apps, games, and websites are best for learning at any age
• "Apps for learning" highlights the best iOS apps for learning--and lets you purchase those apps right from the review
• "My Kids" feature allows parents to tailor selections based on their own kids' ages
• Top Picks lists let parents discover new favorites and see our editors' latest recommendations
• Watch video reviews of top movie releases
• Save reviews as favorites or share with friends on Facebook or Twitter
• Easily purchase products in iTunes directly from reviews
• Quick search and bar code scan make it easy to check reviews before purchasing or watching
• "Explore, discuss, enjoy" gives families talking points about the media they view together.
• Get notifications when new reviews are posted
• Available for iPhone and iPad
• Optimized for iOS7
Note: you cannot view actual media in our app (except for our video reviews), though we do offer iTunes links.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Minor bug fixes.
Really great tool for parents
Love the app, love the website.
The only thing missing from the app is that I wish it showed the progression of the rating in color sequence the way it's displayed on the site (red for not appropriate, yellow for caution, green for go). I find it communicates much more clearly (for sometimes tired parents) that a movie might be good for a certain age group... Other than that pretty perfect so far. :)
Love this app! Quickly look something up before I let the kids watch or play something. I use it all the time.
Great tool for parents!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Common Sense Media
- © Common Sense Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.