By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: over a million books, including thousands of French-Canadian books.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Touch, PC, Mac, Android-based device, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
* Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 4.3
• Download an entire collection - gives customers the ability to download an entire collection with the tap of a button, making it easier for readers to download in bulk and load their favorite books on a new iOS device
• Performance and stability improvements
The Kindle Library
This app would be a lot better if users could search the various libraries of their interests (cooking,westerns,sci-fi etc), make their selection,pay for it and download it all within the Kindle App. Just like they do in iBooks. Why am I forced to have a separate Amazon app to make my purchase? This does not make sense and is unnecessary. I don't want to download a Sample. I want the whole book and the ability to pay for it within the Kindle app. It cannot be that difficult to do....
A smooth and feature rich app
Last 2 updates have again broken the display of the first line in any page following a hyphen as the last character of the previous page when in BLACK background. The first line disappears because apparently you end up with black text on a black background. Only happens on the first line. This was an issue a few updates ago, was fixed, but has reared it's ugly head again with the 2 latest updates. Otherwise this would be a 5+ star app!
Convenient & Easy to Use
I appreciate being able to read my novels on both my iPhone & iPad & having the bookmarked page sync across the devices.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 10, 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2014 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.