By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: over a million books, including thousands of French-Canadian books.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Touch, PC, Mac, Android-based device, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
* Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
Performance and Stability Improvements
I love the kindle iPad app although I wish that when I move items to a folder it would no longer appear on the main screen just like the actual kindle.
I am a fan of my Kindle Paperwhite and love that content syncs between all my purchased books. The only thing I do not like about the app is that the "white" setting almost seems faded, as though my brightness was really low. However, my brightness is at medium, but the pages still look almost washed out to me. Just my opinion. Hope that gets fixed. If so, I will then give 5 stars :-)
This app just gets better ever iteration.
I love the "time to end of chapter" feature.
Kindle has changed the book experience for the better.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 04, 2014
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2013 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.