Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 4,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 1,000,000 Kindle exclusive titles for books you have purchased from Amazon to use on this app. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices.
Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Explore Page Flip enabled books to reference charts, graphs and maps while we save your place
Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 5.1
Goodreads Auto-update (US only)
Now it’s even easier to keep your Goodreads profile updated and let your friends know what you are reading. You have the option to automatically mark books as “Currently Reading” when you start them, and “Read” when you finish them. You can also move a book to a different shelf or remove it from your Goodreads profile – all from within the Kindle app for iOS.
Page Flip (Released in v5.0)
Page Flip is a new navigation experience that makes it easier to explore your book while saving your place. Zoom out to get a bird’s eye view of the book and quickly find what you’re looking for. At a glance, easily recognize specific pages as you jump around. Pictures, charts, your highlights, and the layout of each page are easy to see with Page Flip’s pixel-accurate thumbnails that automatically adjust as you change your font and margin settings.
Page Flip automatically saves the page you’re reading in a book, pinning it to the side of your screen for easy navigation. Flip back and forth in a book with confidence, knowing you can instantly jump back to reading with a simple tap of your pinned page.
Learn more at www.amazon.ca/pageflip. Page Flip is available on millions of books with more being added every day.
Long term user- very happy
I have Kindle on my phone, iPad, PC, Mac, and the Chrome web reader. The simplest and most flexible way to buy and manage my eBooks across all those devices.
I have been using this app for my University's textbooks and during my few recent TIMED open-book exams, it was crashing on average every 20 minutes. Please fix this!
Pretty darn good, just wish it showed the time all the time, so I would know how much time I am wasting...lol
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 137 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.