Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
For our passionate readers who love books as much as we do, we update the Kobo Books app as often as possible to continually improve on its reliability and performance.
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• Get notified about your latest account updates by tapping Allow when prompted. You can turn off notifications in your device settings any time.
• When choosing a book to read, you can now see its full synopsis. Just tap Read More from a book's Item Details page.
• We’ve resolved some audiobook issues related to bookmarking and playback.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Thanks for reading with Kobo Books!
Ratings and Reviews
I have contacted Kobo, and I am sure this issue will be fixed but... when readers stop reading a book the next time you want to read it you have to download it. This means that the app is pretty useless once you leave home.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for contacting us! We are very sorry to hear you are having issues with our services. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us through our Facebook page or twitter @kobohelp or contact our support team at www.kobo.com/help by filling out our web form or send us a direct message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Kobo.
Would love the original themes back. The new ones aren't as nice. The option for the older ones instead would be very nice please.
What happened to my books?
Haven't read on kobo for a while and when I tried I was informed I had none!
Can't remember my password but there seems to be no option for recovering it. Are my books lost?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Please contact us via our Facebook page through a Private Message or www.kobo.com/help by filling out our web form.
- Kobo Inc.
- 187.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.