LastPass Authenticator offers effortless two-factor authentication for your LastPass account and other supported apps. With one-tap verification and secure cloud backup, LastPass Authenticator gives you all the security, without any of the frustration.
ADD MORE SECURITY
Safeguard your LastPass account by requiring two-factor authentication codes when signing in. Two-factor authentication improves your digital security by protecting your account with an additional login step. Even if your password is compromised, your account can’t be accessed without the two-factor authentication code.
You can even mark a device as “trusted”, so you won’t be prompted for codes on that device while your account remains protected by two-factor authentication.
TURNING IT ON
To turn on LastPass Authenticator for your LastPass account:
1. Download LastPass Authenticator to your mobile device.
2. Log in to LastPass on your computer and launch “Account Settings” from your vault.
3. In “Multifactor Options”, edit LastPass Authenticator and view the barcode.
4. Scan the barcode with the LastPass Authenticator app.
5. Set your preferences and save your changes.
LastPass Authenticator can also be turned on for any service or app that supports Google Authenticator or TOTP-based two-factor authentication.
To login to your LastPass account or other supported vendor service:
1. Open the app to generate a 6-digit, 30-second code OR approve/deny an automated push notification
2. Alternatively, send SMS code
3. Enter the code into the login prompt on your device OR hit approve/deny request
- Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds
- Push notifications for one-tap approval
- Optional encrypted backup to restore your tokens on a new/reinstalled device
- Support for SMS codes
- Automated set-up via QR code
- Support for LastPass accounts
- Support for other TOTP-compatible services and apps (including any that support Google Authenticator)
- Add multiple accounts
We’ve been working hard to improve the LastPass Authenticator app on iOS! This release fixes a startup issue after restoring to a new device, and improves stability.
Having trouble getting started with Authenticator? Please let us know through our support link.
Ratings and Reviews
App won’t pair w account.
I’ve followed instructions. Brought barcode up and I get an error message telling me it cannot pair.
I like the UI and works really well at setting up LastPass two-factor authentication, but for any other service it’s far too difficult. I’m using Microsoft’s authenticator app instead for that reason.
Can’t restore backup on 2nd device.
The one reason to use this app. Having it on multiple device. Works fine on my first one. Although the Add button is too big and gets in the way....
On the web in my vault. I’d like to see I have an Authenticator backup. But it’s nowhere.
On my second device, I am on a “please login” loop. Login is successful but I am jumped from one app to the other indefinitely
I am looking forward seeing this fixed
- LogMeIn, Inc.
- 27.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2016-2018 by LogMeIn, Inc., All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.