By Liquor Control Board of Ontario
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official free mobile app from the LCBO with over half a million downloads in Canada!
The official LCBO mobile app for iPhone is the best way to discover the world of beverage alcohol. Search our entire selection of wines, spirits, and beers and find product inventory at a store near you.
• Browse or search thousands of LCBO and VINTAGES products by keyword, item number or using the built in barcode scanner
• Find inventory product levels in our entire store network, your favourite store or closest store.
• Use our Store Locator to find stores by city, postal code or find the nearest LCBO using your location.
• Add products and stores to your favourites list for quick access.
• See detailed product information including tasting notes and serving suggestions.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
• Favourites are now backed-up in iCloud which allows syncing across your devices.
• Export your product favourites to email
• Improved keyword search
• Barcode scanner improvements
• Bug fixes
A pretty miss
Better graphics does not make up for the reduction in usefulness. The new app goes blank almost half the time I launch it (vs always working in the prior Green version). Bring the "back" button back into this app please, because I am now unable to re-read the product details after finding out where to buy it! And show more description text in each selection offered in a search result like the prior version had. Overall, a worse version that seems to be undeveloped with any sense of the buying customer experience.
In principle, great app
In reality, less so. I can't count how many times my favourites have been wiped out. But I can tell you that once again, for no apparent reason, my favourites list is again empty. What was that wine I liked again? Oh, you don't remember either? Great.
What happened to the bar code scan
The bar code scan stopped working a few months ago. I deleted the app which lost all my favourites and downloaded the app again and the bar code still does not work.