LeaderCOACH™ enables you to lead efficient, engaging, multi-perspective meetings and conversations. Arguably the biggest challenge for leaders is getting things done through others. If you are to be successful, you must engage people in meaningful dialogue. Unfortunately, only one-third of employees are engaged at work (Gallup). Compounding this are communication barriers like personality or style differences, conflicting priorities/goals, time pressures, shorter attention spans—not to mention communication skill gaps. Despite all this, you are expected to keep raising the bar on performance, and get things done. How? When…
• I don’t have time for a conversation. Leaders often resort to telling instead of asking. This may get compliance, but seldom commitment. What you don’t have time for is unstructured talk that goes nowhere. LeaderCOACH™ keeps you on topic and on time.
• It would be easier to send them an email. Really? How long will that take? And how much of what you really need them to achieve can be conveyed via words on a screen? Better to get eye-to-eye with people so message sent is message received.
• I’m just not a good listener. Many leaders lack this basic skill which neuroscience says is one of the top ways we trigger people negatively—further disengaging employees. Working on your listening is easier with
LeaderCOACH™: it supplies you with the questions to ask so you’re not formulating questions while the other person is speaking; you’re actively listening to them.
•I wasn’t trained as a facilitator. Few people are; that’s why professionals are hired to do it. With LeaderCOACH™, people will think you’re a skilled facilitator by the way you set ground rules, structure the meeting, and sequence powerful questions to get everyone bought into the team’s decision.
LeaderCOACH™ also learns what type personality you have, and what you tend to emphasize (and de-emphasize or completely ignore) in a conversation. It ‘forces’ you to think through aspects of a situation or problem that you typically wouldn’t consider by asking questions from multiple points of view. This is how LeaderCOACH™ can enhance not only your conversations, but your analysis of people, events, ideas and plans.
The base app introduces you to the complete functionality of LeaderCOACH™ using a common conversation type:
• Coaching: helping someone—even yourself—develop a skill or work through a challenge
Good questions outrank easy answers. Paul Samuelson, Nobel Prize-winning economist
Packages (A, B, C) are bundles of conversation types (bullet points) based on your leadership level/need. For each conversation you establish the specific topic, objective and time frame. The app then prompts you with questions. While not a prerequisite, you can supply your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) code or take the LeaderType™ Indicator (LTI) which will predict where you will likely focus (and neglect) in the conversation, and at the conclusion, compare your actual time spent with the ideal. Here are the packages:
A. LEAD SELF/OTHERS
• Resolving conflict
• Processing feedback
• Processing a decision
• Diagnosing self/others
• Presenting your idea
• SPIN sales process
B. LEAD/MANAGE TEAMS
• Delegating a task
• Processing situations
• Establishing agenda
• Redirecting feedback
• Reinforcing feedback
• Requesting resources
• Getting unstuck
• Taking action
• Questions for creativity
C. LEAD LEADERS
• Leading change
• Strategic planning
• Identifying strategy
• Managing an issue
• Reflecting on your leadership
• Career coaching
• Analyzing an event
• Lessons from CreativityINC by Ed Catmull
• Lessons from Zero to One by Peter Thiel
LeaderCOACH™: the app that asks you questions.
Added new packages and removed authentication.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.