Our biggest sale yet -- 50% off to celebrate the new year!
Have you ever struggled with music theory? Have you tried to learn to play by ear but didn't make any progress? LearnMusic may be exactly what you need. We combine music theory and ear training into a single beautifully designed application that is easy to use, fun, and exceptionally effective.
"Well-thought-out music training application." - Softpedia
"This is a very, very cool tool for music teachers or any Mac user who wants to improve their singing or understanding of music." - Mac360
Music Theory Made Simple
• Learn step by step using our audiovisual course, designed by expert music teachers.
• Explore beginner to advanced music theory lessons, ear training exercises, and tests.
• Learn concepts audio-visually, not by reading pages of text.
• Practice skills while you learn with integrated exercises.
• Take tests and view statistics to track your progress and watch yourself improve.
Train Your Ears
• Focus on your weak spots with Intelligent Practice.
• Want to practice something specific? Select from 20 different practice areas.
• Sing or play your instrument to answer many of the questions.
• Get instant feedback.
Find Your Rhythm
• Develop your sense of beat and subdivisions.
• Learn to recognize simple and complex meters.
• Imitate rhythms without seeing the score.
• and more!
• Develop relative pitch.
• Get better at singing.
• Learn to play melodies by ear.
• Practice sight-singing.
• Recognize melodic & harmonic intervals.
• and more!
• Learn to recognize chords qualities & inversions.
• Gain a better feel for harmonic structure.
• Transcribe chord progressions.
• and more!
Practice What You Learn
• Pitch Comparison
• Pitch Singing
• Motion Recognition
• Scale Recognition
• Scale Singing
• Interval Recognition
• Interval Singing
• Harmonic Intervals
• Sight Singing
• Melody Imitation
• Beat Tapping
• Note Tapping
• Rhythm Tapping
• Rhythm Imitation
• Meter Recognition
• Arpeggio Singing
• Chord Recognition
• Inversion Recognition
• Cadence Recognition
• Harmonic Progressions
Q: Who is LearnMusic meant for?
A: Just about everyone: kids (9+), teenagers, adults, music students, and amateur musicians.
Q: I am not a beginner. Will I get anything out of LearnMusic?
A: Yes! LearnMusic is a very complete music course, covering beginner, intermediate, and advanced topics. For best results, we recommend that you start at the beginning, regardless of your level, and simply skip lessons for topics you already know.
Q: There are so many music theory applications; why choose this one?
A: We’re glad you asked! LearnMusic takes a pretty unique approach to teaching music theory. We focus on audiovisual learning: lots of examples, practice, instant feedback, and very little text. You learn music by experiencing it, like you would learn a language, not by reading about it like a science. Each tropic is introduced gradually at first, and the details are gradually filled out as you progress. In our experience, this is an exceptionally effective way to learning music theory and we simply have not seen it in other applications.
Q: They are so many ear training applications; why choose this one?
A: Excellent question. There are some great ear training applications out there, but most simply offer drills. Drills are great to keep your ears “in shape,” but are not enough to actually develop your musical hearing. This is why most people struggle to make progress with ear training. LearnMusic has ear training drills as well (20 types!), but much more importantly, it actually teaches you the skills required to develop your sense of rhythm, pitch, and harmony. Not convinced? There’s also a complete music theory course built-in!
More lessons, exercise questions, and bug fixes!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.