By Logitech Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This app does not support Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Smart Keyboard, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Home Hub, or Harmony Ultimate Hub. If you own one of these products, please download the Harmony Control app.
With this app and the Logitech Harmony Link device, you can turn your iPad® into the smartest remote in the house, with fingertip control over live TV content.
The Logitech Harmony Link app allows you to see and browse your television schedule on your iPad. If you see something you like, one press of a ‘Watch Now’ button will turn on and configure all of your devices, and then tune directly to the right TV channel.
For the iPad and iPhone, Harmony Link offers the same smart activity-based control as the award-winning Harmony remotes. Just choose ‘Watch a Movie’ or ‘Listen to Music’ and everything is automatically switched to the right settings.
The Logitech Harmony Link device even includes an IR mini blaster that allows you to operate your systems behind closed cabinet doors, so you can block out the distracting clutter of boxes and flashing lights.
In a multimedia, multi-channel age, there's almost more choice than we can manage. Logitech Harmony Link puts you back in total fingertip control.
Note: This app requires the Logitech Harmony Link device
- Controls up to 8 devices from 5000+ brands
- Use simple gestures for common commands like volume, video playback and more
- Easy, online setup using your Mac or PC
- One touch to your favourite shows - just select a show from the personalized, in-app TV listings and tune in with one touch (iPad only)
- Activity based control - select an activity like ‘Watch a Movie’ or ‘Listen to Music’
- Harmony Link automatically switches the right devices to the right settings
- Hide the clutter - the included IR mini blaster accessory lets you control devices inside closed cabinets
What you need:
- iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch with iOS 4.0 or later
- iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation
- Broadband Internet connection and 802.11 b/g wireless home network
What's New in Version 3.0.1
cannot scroll to access all the functions
I was hoping that this bug fix will allow me to see the whole menu on the right side where the action palette is. No, again I cannot scroll down on my iPad. There are all bunch of action functions that I cannot access. I do NOT have problem with this on my iPhone, but I DO have problem on my iPad. Otherwise, I have no problem syncing this app (iPhone and iPad) to my Home Link device.
I'm giving 3 stars because...
I can only get the app to work on one of my tv's. It still won't connect to the second harmony link. It's better than having no remote.
Function without Form
1st impression. Set up was a snap and everything does work.
I bought this because the griffin beacon was no longer supported in Canada. Logitech should consider looking at that app for inspiration.
1. I'm sure there's been a lot request for button layout customization.
2. So if we don't get button layout customization. Please allow us to customize the list of commands
3. Gesture based navigation pad
4. Add an actual TV guide (ex. I.tv app) right now I'm jumping in between apps
5. Update skin metro styled would be nice (Harmony control app)
6. In app purchase ~$6-7
Add an IP virtual mouse/keyboard for HTPCs I realize this might be out of scope for the Link, but I believe this falls in line with the 1 remote philosophy and this would make this amazing user experience which I'd be willing to pay a premium for (ex. Mobile mouse).
1. The remote tray slide in from the right
2. It works
I don't really feel the passion from a user perspective with this app, the dijjit app for the beacon got a lot of things right from the U.I. side of things, but it was a pain to set-up, Logitech's set-up couldn't be easier but the apps UI really needs work, it's like an engineer built this saying but it works!
Am I getting this all wrong and should have bought the Hub?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 03, 2014
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Logitech Inc.
- © 2014 Logitech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.