LOWERLANDER is the sequel to Flat Black's 2015 somewhat-acclaimed retro-rpg, Lowlander!
"Lowlander II is a great game, possibly the most enjoyable, largest and best produced game of its type available that’s not got the Ultima name attached to it. " - My Boxed Universe
**** 1/2 stars from TouchArcade!
Yarak means business. She ain't got time for you! Get that armor on- there's adventuring to be done!
Generations after the mighty LOWLANDER vanquished the nefarious Azamon, a new villain has arisen. The evil enchantress, YARAK! The realm needs a new hero -- will you be the one?
Styled after the early Ultima games from Richard Garriott, Lowerlander will make your iPhone 7 Plus feel like an Apple II+. That's a good thing! Plus, Lowlander's new sibling packs the same one-handed portrait-style gameplay that sensible people prefer!
TouchArcade had this to say about the first one’s shameless imitation of Ultima II: “4.5 stars ... Lowlander is an interesting case, because it's not often that a game paying direct homage to a classic is actually better than said classic.” Unquestionably undeserved, but that’s high praise!
- glorious one handed, portrait-style, retro-RPG action
- over 16 hours of minimalist adventure
- explore a huge world, gain experience and rise in power
- delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
- three save-game slots
- save games to the cloud and download them later or to another device
- no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever
- special spell and environmental effects
- OVER 8 colors
- realistic moving water and lava
- bug fix for overleveled players who have the temerity to use the Whorlex spell in Bony Hole, preventing players from retrieving all ten lifejackets from the skeletons who stole them from Offerman the canoe-maker.
Ratings and Reviews
I loved the first one so much, this is an instant buy for me. Thanks for making a sequel!!!
This game, patterned on the early Ultima games of yore, is just sheer fun. It is winnable, but challenging. A big ‘attaboy’ to the developers for a fine (and fun) game.
- Flat Black Films
- 38.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Copyright 2017 Flat Black Films
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.