This app will can not be purchased or installed on a device without a gps. This program will navigate while displaying the legal subdivision (LSD) and approximate offsets to the section boundaries. It can also navigate while showing the Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), 3 degree modified Transverse Mercator (3TM) or 10 degree modified Transverse Mercator (10TM) projection coordinates.
Features that are available in the Free Package
- Navigates showing Section, Township, Range & Meridian.
- Navigates showing the nearest theoretical Township and Range road names.
- Navigates in geoRef PDF showing Section, Township, Range & Meridian.
Features that are available by In App Purchase (IAP):
Standard Package Features IAP ($59.99)
- Navigates showing LSD as well.
- Navigates in geoRef PDF showing LSD as well.
- Draws Twp lines to the Section level.
- Zooms to LSD, UTM or Lat/Long with route option.
- Manages pins including GPX import export.
Pro Package Features IAP ($159.99)
- Navigates showing offsets to Section boundaries as well.
- Navigates in geoRef PDF showing offsets as well.
- Navigates with left/right deviation from drawn course line.
- Draws Twp lines to the LSD level.
- Zooms to LSD, UTM, Lat/Long, NTS with route option.
- Manages pins & tracks.
- Loads multiple offline map layers at the same time.
- Selects background map (hybrid or roads).
- Creates notification targets (notify when inside the area).
- Creates a geofence (notify when outside the area).
- Displays azimuth & distance to destination pin.
- Creates a manual route (with traverse distance and azimuth).
- Indexes Nav Photo at camera locations.
- Tracks movement with breadcrumb trail.
- Customizes pin properties.
Individual Features IAP (each @ $59.99)
- Positions a pad target with well center and flare azimuth. (Standard Required)
Individual Features IAP (each @ $29.99)
- Converts coordinates and transforms datum. (Standard Required)
- Imports and export KML/KMZ. (Pro Required)
- Creates 1:50000 National Topographic System (NTS) custom map layer, including contours, for current view. (Pro Required)
Sample combo IAP price matrix:
$89.98 Standard + Convert
$119.98 Standard + Pad
$219.98 Standard + Pro
$249.97 Standard + Pro + KML
$279.96 Standard + Pro + KML + Convert
$279.96 Standard + Pro + KML + NTS
$279.97 Standard + Pro + Pad
$339.95 Standard + Pro + KML + NTS + Pad
To enable the display of LSD on map or geoRef PDF, the $59.99 Standard package in-app-purchase is required.
To activate that please tap the (i) info icon, then tap the "View In App Purchases" link in the middle of the info screen. Then inside the In App menu, tap the "Buy" link on the right of Standard features.
While the guidelines in the "Supplement to the Manual of Instructions for the Survey of Canada Lands" are followed, there is no warranty as to accuracy of the coordinate conversion. Intended as an aid to navigating the oil patch in the Prairie Provinces of Canada: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, this app is not to be used for boundary determination for which a qualified land surveyor should be consulted. Users are responsible to ensure safety while driving and to follow all applicable legislation. Directions are not guaranteed correct. Altus takes no responsible for the accuracy or availability of third party data that extra features (such as Base Map and NTS maps) rely on.
WARNING: Prolonged navigation using the GPS will decrease the battery life of the device. It will also increase your data usage. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The cellular option for the iPad is required if you wish to use it for tracking. No data plan is required if base map satellite image is not desired.
Fixed multiple bugs in the PDF viewer.
Minor GUI updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app hands down. For ultimate experience use Altus Geomatics.
I’ve had this app(the original one) long before I knew how powerful it was.
I’m now extra spoiled because we use Altus Geomatics as our survey provider. Get any map you desire overlaid and use your phone or iPad to navigate using gps and not need cellular coverage to work. It can even give you access to see locations that are not built and only planned.
Not sure if other survey companies can make .til files, but even if you don’t have maps to overly, it’s still the best app available. Kills Oil tracks and all other “free”/“cheap” apps.
Any map that exists or you can dream up can be made (for an extra price) and get put into this app. Amazing if you want the best!
- Altus Geomatics Limited Partnership
- 132.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Altus Geomatics Limited Partnership
- In-App Purchases
- Standard Features $59.99
- Pro Features $159.99
- Convert Coordinates $29.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.