Presented in a day-by-day format, the Magnificat App puts at your fingertips a treasury of beautiful prayers. Each day includes morning, evening, and night prayers inspired by the Liturgy of the Hours; readings and prayers of each daily Mass; daily meditations drawn from the best writings of the Church Fathers as well as recent spiritual masters; and essays on the lives of the saints from yesterday and today.
Like the hundreds of thousands already reading and praying with Magnificat, this unique App will accompany and enrich your daily prayer life.
The App is free for subscribers to the printed version of the US edition (need registration for access). Otherwise, it is free from the day you install the App until the end of the month; then you can subscribe online* or buy each month through the App store.
We wish you prayerful moments using this one-of-a kind application, developed with your prayer life in mind!
* Subscription to Magnificat through iTunes is on a yearly basis. As per Apple policy, subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The new format looks great and is working very well on my iPhone so far. For future versions: when there are special articles or meditations associated with particular Sundays and other feasts, a link to them within that day's prayers would be much appreciated.
I was so excited by this app and have been looking forward to it. I was really disappointed that you need to have a connection at all times to use it. That's not always an option for an iTouch user. I'm further disappointed that this point isn't in the description. I really enjoy the Magnificat publication and was looking forward to having it on my iPod, but I'll be going back to iMissal for my daily readings.
Clunky & requires Internet connection
At the very least you must connect once a day to download each section. Can't even view credits or About without being connected to the Internet. Forget it.
Both free and paid apps are out there that will provide the same material and more without the constant need for wi-fi or 3G
- Magnificat sas
- 41.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Magnificat®
- In-App Purchases
- One year subscription $25.99
- Magnificat October 2018 $2.79
- Magnificat March 2016 $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.