MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for layout, editing, and performance
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Screen controls adapt for each Patch using Smart Controls
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Turn your favorite hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments using the Auto Sampler plug-in
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
• Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
• 6GB available disk space for minimum install / 57GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
• Fixes an issue that caused MainStage to quit unexpectedly after editing background colors or using the group command in Layout Mode
• The fadeout time in the Loopback plug-in has been extended to 60 seconds
• Addresses an issue that could cause the Preferences window to become inaccessible
Introduced in Version 3.3
• New modern interface
• Support for Touch Bar on MacBook Pro lets you access your favorite shortcuts with sets of customizable key commands
• Play software instruments on the Touch Bar using a musical keyboard with piano keys or scale mode
• Trigger drum pads with Touch Bar while controlling velocity and note repeat
• True stereo panning provides more control and discrete manipulation of stereo signals
• Directly assign software instruments as sidechain sources
• Bus routings are now shown in plug-in sidechain menus
• MIDI plug-ins can be used to creatively control plug-in parameters
• New Loudness Meter plug-in provides support for LUFS metering
• Support for Logic Remote 1.3.2 and the ability to use a Lightning to USB Cable for wired connection to your Mac
Ratings and Reviews
Great - if you have a good machine
This is an awesome, simple and streamlined app for live MIDI performance. Endless controls, and works with almost all the industry’s available VST plugins as a DAW. The one major drawback I have is the stability. Compared to software like Ableton Live, this app is somewhat buggy, I’ve used it constantly now for a bout 3 months of live shows, and it’s hiccupped WAY too many times - which is to say, if it hiccupps at ALL in live performance, it’s too many times. Thank goodness I’ve never had it crash outright in a show. I’m running a 2009 MBP with a 500GB SSD and 8GB of ram, Intel Core 2 Duo, and it runs fine. My colleague has a 2013 MBP, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, quad core i7, and it STILL hiccups. To me, that’s not a hardware issue, but a coding stability and system resource allocation problem.
For $30 though, this is a steal of an app. So versatile, and takes up no CPU power on it’s own. If you are a synth player, this is for you. I’m using it as a drummer with 3rd party plugins, and it works great.
Amazing new AutoSampler feature!
Not yet as functional as Redmatica AutoSampler yet but most of it is here, still missing a way to determine the custom midi levels maps to sample, instead you get a set of 8 default presets …
Compressor is great, now with the graph histogram updating in realtime, you can see the amount of effect applied more easily, I also love the new analog VU meter.
Plugin Manager was so awaited,what a great feature to be able to peek a 3rd party plugin sorted by type like the logic ones and unify them !
New Patches include Mellotron, great Retro Synth sounds + NEW features ( the best probably being the wavetable import from audio files !) .
Mainstage is , just like Logic X ; worth every penny of it.
Can’t change patches
I upgraded yesterday. When I change patches it has a 6 second delay where it sounds very distorted, and is like I have two patches going at the same time.... then it finally selects the next patch. This makes MainStage impossible to use.
Does anybody know how to bring back this to its previous version? Any clues?
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 1.2 GB
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.