Making Movie History
By National Film Board of Canada – Office national du film du Canada
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ARTISTS, REBELS, AND DREAMERS: 61 SHORT PROFILES OFFER A UNIQUE LOOK AT THE NFB’S PLACE IN CINEMA HISTORY
The National Film Board of Canada (NFB) is proud to present an interactive app that features exclusive interviews with the creators and innovators who shaped Canadian cinema throughout the 20th century.
Watch 61 portraits of iconic figures, from Grant Munro and Norman McLaren—collaborators on the Oscar®-winning Neighbours—to the pioneers of Studio D, the first studio in the world to produce films by, for, and about women.
Innovations in technology and in filmmaking aesthetics, such as pixilation, the Direct Cinema revolution, and many others, are explored in revealing interviews with the dedicated artists who pushed the boundaries of the rich and provocative Canadian cinema landscape.
Take a tour of Canadian cinema history with the FREE Making Movie History app for iOS, which includes all 61 profiles and an interactive interface that allows you to shuttle easily from portrait to portrait. From Alanis Obomsawin to Denys Arcand and beyond, Making Movie History offers a unique look at the remarkable breadth and depth of Canadian cinema.
- WATCH 61 short portraits of iconic figures in Canadian cinema.
- EXPLORE interviews by topic: sound, animation, editing, documentary, and more.
- READ revealing and informative essays about the NFB’s seminal role in Canadian cinema.
- DISCOVER a wealth of Canadian cinema history with this one-of-a-kind app.
Produced by the National Film Board of Canada.
The original interactive documentary for the web is available at:
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: May 02, 2016
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Film Board / Office national du film
- © 2015 National Film Board of Canada
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.