Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official app for the Irish singer Mary Black gives you access to an extensive archive of information about Mary Black.
The app contains:
* News about Mary Black.
* Concert listings containing all details about a concert including maps to the venues and links to sites where you can buy tickets.
* All songs and lyrics from Mary Black's repertoire, including sound clips of almost all songs. You can even (automatically) link each song to Mary Black tracks in the music library of your iDevice to get access to full songs from within the app. The app will also show you if a song that you don't own is available in iTunes.
* Song of the Day: each day features one Mary Black song. Everyone around the world using this app will be listening to that same song. A great way to become part of the world-wide Mary Black community and to experience the extensive library of Mary's repertoire throughout the year.
* All official Mary Black video clips that are available on YouTube can be access right from within the app.
* Mary Black's extensive discography of albums, singles, dvd's, collaborations with other artists and more.
* A library of published articles about Mary Black and her official biography.
* Two games to see how much you know about Mary Black's music. In "Recognize the Lyrics" you are presented with a sentence of eight words from a randomly chosen song and you have to guess from which song that sentence is. In "Pitch Perfect" a fragment of a Mary Black song is being played but at the incorrect pitch. It is up to you to set the pitch as it ought to be.
A lot of information found in this app can be shared with your friends via e-mail, sms and/or Twitter (Twitter on iOS 5 and higher only).
What's New in Version 1.51
* Added background refreshing of data. About once a day the Mary Black app will check in the background if there is any new information (news, concerts, songs, articles or videos) available. If so, you will be notified in iOS's notification center and with a badge on the app's icon. The exact time of the background refresh is determined by iOS. Background fetching can be disabled in your device's Settings - General - Background App Refresh. The way you will be notified can be changed in your device's Settings - Notification Center. Note that you need to run the app at least once to enable background refresh.
* Free song no longer plays automatically at the start of the app. It is now listed and highlighted at the top of the songs list.
* Several bug fixes.
New in version 1.50:
This update makes the Mary Black app compatible with iOS7 and can therefor only be installed on devices running iOS7. If you have this app already installed on a device with an earlier iOS version, you can keep the previous version of this app. If you want the updated version of this app, first update your device to iOS7 and then update the app.
The changes that have been made are:
* User interface is more in line with the cleaner iOS7 interface.
* Supports dynamic type (font size can be changed in the system settings).
* The background image now has a parallax effect.
* The in-app audio player in the iPad version has been integrated in the top bar and is now always visible. The in-app audio player on the iPhone has been redesigned.
* Refreshing data can now be accomplished by pulling down the top of a table, the same way as is standard in other iOS apps.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2013
- Version: 1.51
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark van Setten
- © 2011 3ú Records
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.