Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
Ratings and Reviews
I would recommend this app to anyone doing research or working towards higher education. I would like to see future updates of the app add on free style highlighting for those old, photocopied journal articles where the pdf can't identify the words and the ability to write in notes with a stylus (for iPad users!)
This app is really great to manage references and keep it all in one place.
My suggestion for the developers team is to improve user capabilities on the PDF viewer such as handwriting and screen capture of selected parts of the document.
Love it but keeps crashing recently for no apparent reason!
Love the software generally, but recently it keeps crashing on iPad 9.7” running iOS 11.2.1.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.