Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
Fixed crash affecting some users.
Ratings and Reviews
The app keeps getting updated, but only brings more bugs. Can no longer highlight text without the entire app lagging. Highlights page instead of text selected.
It crashes with the most recent update on my iPad...
Deleted several years worth of work.
I have spent years curating a library of papers in my domain. I read them and annotate them carefully, and I use those annotations to drive future directions in my research.
Now almost all of my library cannot be opened and the annotations have suddenly disappeared. This is utterly devastating! I will never trust or recommend Mendeley again. I wish I could have my notes back 😞
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.