Gentle reminders to intentionally pause for a few mindful breaths in meaningful moments, daily lessons to refine and tune your personal path to peace, Healthkit integrated timer to deepen your mindful minutes practice and a lifelog that captures your own journal to discover insights - a complete set of tools, each lovingly designed to support your commitment to practice mindfulness in your unique daily life.
Mindfulness is simple and proven effective; yet it is not always easy to find time to practice when busy, tired, in pain or stressed/anxious - this app helps keep it within reach!
This app supports quick, effective guided practices to reduce stress/anxiety, improve performance and enhance sleep (along with the growing list of other evidence based benefits of Mindfulness like pain management).
“This app is like my best friend. I feel like it asks me how I’m doing? How am I feeling? What mood am I in?...The alerts, the reminders, the pauses [let] you be still for a moment. Very highly recommend this app!”
- Joeykcmo (iTunes review)
"I am bipolar and anxiety is a constant struggle for me. I started mindfulness a few months ago after my new therapist recommended it & found the breathing exercises helpful but really easy to forget or ignore.
This app has reminders, guides you through the meditation techniques & the best part is the pause button. When I start feeling tense I just take a little pause and get my breathing under control. Having the images to view while breathing activates more of my mind freeing the anxious thoughts. The reminders can be set for whenever or how often I may need them which helps me return to the moment when I don't even realize I'm tense.
I highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from anxiety or just wants to live a more mindful, present life."
- PookusJ (iTunes review)
- Featured in the iTunes App Store “What’s Hot” list in over 20 countries
- Developed with leading scientists, doctors, researchers, coaches and trainers
- Recommended by the Daily Mail as a “Stress-Busting Smartphone App to Keep You Calm on the Go”
- Powered by inward inc., which has been mentioned in The NYTimes, Newsweek, and NPR
- Integration with Apple's Health app to track Mindful Minutes
- Simple Start program: 21 days of free mindfulness audio lessons. Themes include mindful breathing, body awareness, kindness, and present moment awareness.
- Pause button: take a 15-second mindful Pause whenever you’re stressed or catch yourself on autopilot.
- Timer: for meditation, includes integration with iOS Mindful Minutes.
- Reminders: set personal reminders to nudge yourself to be mindful throughout the day.
- Practice library: select from a library of guided and self-guided practices. Extended practices available for purchase.
- Lifelog: notice patterns and gain insights from your Lifelog as your commitment to mindfulness takes root.
- Remix: after you’ve completed 21 days of mindfulness, use the unlocked Remix feature to continue practicing mindfulness your way.
What users are saying:
“One of the very few apps in which behavioral science and design come together.” -Roger Vilardaga, PhD, Clinical Psychology
“I've tried several meditation/mindfulness apps and this one has everything I've been looking for. It also happens to be the best designed app in this category I've seen.” -ForgetPerfect (iTunes review)
“While I know there are no ‘quick fixes’ when it comes to kids, this app is as close to one as I've found. I began the lessons to help deal with stress at work, and my 5th grader wanted to know what the audio reminders were about. I explained and know he's doing the lessons with me. They are working wonders on our frustration tolerance during homework and work! As soon as we start to feel that tension build, we remind each other of what we've been learning and practicing, take a moment, and regroup.” -John-546 (iTunes review)
Thanks for all the positive feedback and suggestions --- we're listenings and continue to work hard simplifying the core user experience (TIMER, PAUSE, LESSONS, LIFELOG icons are now accessible from the home screen) while allowing those wanting more to discover it deeper in the app. We've also did a bunch of backend and front end work to support publishing and navigating a directory of premium programs soon to come (check out the EXPLORE section to get a glimpse of where we're heading - thank you for your patience and continued support). Soon our focus will be back on creating more content in all kinds of context to support the unique daily lives of our inward community!
One of the books we're reading at inward is Breathing Love: Meditation in Action. We loved it so much we reached out to the author Jennie Lee to include two of her practices in the Explore section > Playlists > From Authors, Coaches & Experts: Jennie Lee Author of Breathing Love: Meditation in Action. Send us feedback (email@example.com) on the practices or the book if you read it, we'd love to hear your thoughts on it and how we can better support the application of its content in your daily life!
May you find peace, love and happiness in all that are you are and do daily :-)
cofounder + eco
inward inc creators of Mindfulness Daily
Ratings and Reviews
Great app to teach the basics of meditation
Easy to use, well-designed and through short videos and teachings easily reaches you how to become mindful.
Great app, wonderful part of my day 😌
This is a great app for beginners and a great refresher course too
- INWARD, INC
- 114.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2014 inward inc
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Pack 1 $6.99
- Pause Pack 1 $5.49
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.