MKPlayer is an easy-to-use media player designed to offer unique features to enjoy watching videos and listening to music:
- Play movies on your TV with a simple click (check compatibility before unlocking)
- Safari Extension to help you to easily open videos found on websites
- AirPlay support: limited to AirPlay compatible video formats only
- Simply drop files to the Dock icon to play them
- MKPlayer can stay on top of all your windows
- Responsive control panel layout, looks great if the player size is small (mini player)
- Watch video files with alternate audio tracks and multilingual subtitles
- Add any custom subtitle to your video
- Conveniently configure video adjustment parameters
- Quickly play almost every audio format
** Play On TV (only available on MacOS High Sierra and Mojave) **
Easily watch movies on the big screen of your smart TV.
This feature needs to be unlocked with an in-app purchase, but you can check the compatibility of your TV before the purchase.
** Safari Extension (needs to be enabled at Safari Preferences) **
Click on the Toolbar button to see the list of videos and audio files found on any website and open them with MKPlayer.
** Alternate audio tracks and multilingual subtitles **
MKPlayer is optimised to play media container files, such as MKV with more than one audio track and several subtitles. You can easily select your preferred audio and subtitle and also change them without stopping the video
** Video adjustment **
Quickly adjust several parameters of your currently playing video such as brightness, contrast, saturation and more.
[fixed] Minor bugfix
Ratings and Reviews
It is great, and nothing short of the paid ones.
Works great, only complaint is that the app logo doesn’t show as the file picture, leaving it just as a white square.
Tried exiting the program
There was a pop up when closing making you rate and write a review or it wouldn’t close. The program itself is fine, just don’t enjoy being forced to write a review.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.