Mobile VR Station is a media player designed for Virtual Reality with head tracking. With this app you can view your Photos, Panoramas, Videos & Files projected onto a virtual screen floating in space. Our app supports displaying standard 2D and 3D Side By Side/Over Under content. The app can't display DRM protected content, such as content bought from iTunes.
"The most feature-packed VR media player available, with editable profiles that let you adjust the viewing experience across multiple devices and VR adapters. Excellent all around!"
-Quote from Manuel M, Beta Tester
If you need help we provide links inside the app to view our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel.
- Works with every headset, very flexible configuration
- Watch movies in a virtual theater
- Watch 3D 180 Degree content.
- Explore 360/Spherical movies (Great for demos).
- Experience 3D content (Left/Right, Right/Left and Top/Bottom).
- See your device's photos & videos in a new way.
- View panoramas with some depth.
- Access external video content with UPNP.
- Watch HTML5 Video from Mobile Safari with Micro VR Station extension.
- Native App, written in Obj-C with SceneKit
- Watch App for Remote control capabalities
- This app is currently only available in English
- Free version limits video playback to the "first" five minutes.
- Supported formats: MOV, MP4 & M4V.
- Supported HMDs: None (Mono), None (SBS), Cardboard, Altergaze, Firefly, Custom, ....
- Cardboard QR scanner available for quick setup
- Supported Devices: Any device running iOS 8.1 can install the app, but iPhone 5S/iPad Mini (Retina) and above provide a great experience.
- Projections: Dome, Full Dome, Curved (Large curve), Plane (Flat), Cylinder & Spherical
- Skyboxes: 47 built in options.
- Profiles: Each user/headset can have their own specific configuration.
- Audio: Language switching available.
- Subtitles: The app can load UTF-8 formatted *.srt files, after a movie has been started
- Files: Each file has its own preview icon and meta data. You can either generate a icon or upload your own. Please see the FAQ on how to make your own icons.
- Bluetooth Remote: If your headset has Play/Pause & Next/Previous buttons, you can use them to control video playback.
- UPNP: Basic support for viewing & downloading video & image content. Music can play if you mess with a few settings.
- Other File Formats: We are researching how other formats and higher quality content could be displayed, we understand the need and want to deliver in the future.
-1080P @ 60 FPS is available on 5S+ and beyond. Devices under 5S should consume 720P.
- 4K @ 30FPS is available for 6S, 6S+, 5SE & iPad Pro
- Please see the guide book for more information
- If video playback starts to lockup, or a setting doesn't stick please turn your device off and on again.
- It's strongly recommended to go through Training at least once and check out the help videos if you have time.
- Every projection is editable, just dig into "Manage Presets" for the details.
- If you really need help, ask on our Facebook page, Twitter account, or reddit /r/iOSVR/
- MFI Controller/Bluetooth keyboard support (While in VR).
- When not using a HMD device buttons can be tapped.
- Tap anywhere in the right eye or empty space to recenter view.
- Tap 3 fingers on screen to quickly exit VR.
- Support for Occipital Bridge Controller
1. Fixes for external links not being processed
2. Fixes for Google Drive not authenticating
Ratings and Reviews
Would give it a 5* rating but I always have to convert files with certain dimensions such as 3200*1600 in order to play them. I hope an update can fix the bug because free VR player seems to support those files just fine. Nevertheless, great app!
You guys are taking the VR experience to a whole other level! I really recommend this app, and I thank you guys for making this a thing! Looking forward to updates!
Doesn’t play all SBS videos
It’s probably the best VR App for iOS, but it doesn’t support 4K videos running at 60fps. I would rate it 5/5 if it does.
- Michael Fuller
- 66.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Michael Glen Fuller JR
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition - Remove 5 Minute Limit $3.99
- Ultimate Edition - Everything $8.49
- Micro Player - Lift Safari Extension Limit $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.