This application provides interactive versions of standard Montessori materials that are used in mathematics education at Montessori schools all around the world. These materials cover elementary mathematical concepts and are intended for children of age 4-9 years. They stimulate imagination, encourage desire to experiment and help to learn the basics of mathematics in an entertaining way.
Montessori education is an educational approach based on the principles proposed by the Italian physician and teacher Maria Montessori (1870-1952). It is characterized by an emphasis on independence, freedom and respect for a child's natural development. The main motto of Montessori pedagogy is: "Help me to do it myself."
Montessori materials included (10 activities in total):
- Red and blue number rods - Includes 4 activities designed to introduce numbers 1 - 9 and numerical order
- Golden bead material - Includes 2 activities designed to introduce the decimal system and quantities up to 1000
- Addition, multiplication and division board - Activities designed to practice elementary mathematical operations in entertaining and challenging ways
- Number tracing - Activity designed to teach tracing of numbers 0 - 9
Mathematical concepts covered:
- Learn numbers up to 1000, numerical order and the decimal system
- Practice addition of single digit numbers
- Practice multiplication of single digit factors
- Practice division with single digit divisors
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities
- Accurate digital reproduction of all activities
- All activities carefully adapted to fully leverage iPad touch interface
- Pronunciation of numbers up to 1000 and mathematical operations in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Czech language
- Audio and visual feedback to signalize wrong and correct answers
- User profiles with activity reports
- Tunable difficulty - select the number ranges to gradually increase difficulty
Contact us at email@example.com
Your suggestions are welcome. Let us know what you think and help us improve the App!
We are looking for translations to more languages.
Please rate the app if you like it. Thank you.
- Minor fixes for iPhone X, XS and XR
- Bug fixes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.