Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organize new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice, or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favorite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect*. And it’s easy to take your favorite ideas into GarageBand to add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags
• Rate your song idea 1-5 stars to help you identify your favorites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyzes the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend to share your music, or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to the Mac so you can work in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
* Requires Apple Music Connect account
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Use this all the time to record rough copies of my songs for my band. The only thing that could make it better would be to add and layer tracks
Has future potential for me, might work better for others
I should note that this app is truly a miracle for what it does. It will be a good songwriting partner for many people. But it has room for improvement. Hence my current rating.
I want to give this app a higher rating, but it doesn't always do a good job at following the chords, or recognizing chords consistently.
It never seems able to follow faster songs properly, actually accompanying at half the tempo. Sometimes it doesn't recognize when to start or stop at the right times.
Also, needs a quantize option to help maintain a steady beat. It's ability to follow a changing tempo is pretty cool, but sometimes you don't want that.
Would be great if it created the drums in midi rather than audio for later editing, or at least have the option to use midi drums.
Bring it into GarageBand for editing, and it can help you create a full tune quickly.
Overall, a good start, and will work for slower to mid-tempo songs quite well.
5 étoiles.. un petit mixer de 3 faders pour mettre plus de basse de batterie et d'enregistrement.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 102.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.