Wine Picks & Pairings: Natalie MacLean
By Natalie MacLean
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Named 1 of 5 top food and wine apps for the Globe & Mail, National Post, iPhone Today Magazine
- Scan a bottle bar code to get: wine tasting notes, scores, prices, current store stock, recipes and food pairings for 150,000 wines at the LCBO, BC Liquor Stores, Everything Wine, SAQ, Liquor Plus, Alberta liquor stores, MLCC, SLC, NSLC, NB Liquor, NF Liquor, PEILCC and other stores
- Bonus features: cellar journal, glossary, winery directory, Twitter, Facebook
- Only Canadian wine app in App Store Essentials categories for "Food & Wine" and "Pocket Sommelier"
- Created by Natalie MacLean, named the World's Best Drink Writer at the World Food Media Awards and publisher of Canada’s largest wine site at nataliemaclean.com
For Natalie's free monthly newsletter:
Note from Nat …
Hello my fellow wine lover,
We can't address issues posted here as often there’s not enough info, so please e-mail me if you have a feature to suggest or there's a bug to fix: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a labor of love: it has cost me personally more than $30,000 to create and keep updating this app. More than 90% of the content is free, including thousands of archived wine reviews, articles and recipes.
You get a two-month free trial of the wine reviews that cost $2.10/month to see if you like them. This is the only way that I can recoup a small portion, but not all of the cost of continuing to add new features for you. I hope you like it … if you do, please leave a review.
PS, pls be sure you've upgraded to OS 4.0 to optimize app performance. It's free to do this: apple.com/ios
Natalie MacLean is an independent journalist and author of the bestsellers Red, White and Drunk All Over and Unquenchable. She has won six International Association of Culinary Professional (IACP) awards and four James Beard Journalism Awards, including the MFK Fisher Distinguished Writing Award.
To see customer reviews from the iTunes stores for other countries as well as media reviews, please visit:
What's New in Version 2.7
- Shortened app download time, increased app speed
- Bugs fixed for saving wines in cellar, shopping list
- Improved navigation, ease of use
Changed my life!
The 'Top 10 wines at closest LCBO' feature has changed my life. You have to be subscribed to Nat's wine reviews, but if you are it can sort highest rating/lowest price wine in stock at whichever LCBO location you're at. Found some great wines at great prices. Definitely worth the $24.99 yearly fee for access to the reviews. Thanks Nat! One feature I'd love to see is an indication if the selected wine is in the Vintages section or regular stock on the shelves.