Get This Now: TouchArcade 5/5 Kickmygeek.com 9/10 148apps.com 4.5/5
Neon Chrome is an infinite twin-stick top-down shooter with procedurally generated levels and destructible environment. Choose your character, enter the elevator and try to bring down the Overseer - again and again. Neon Chrome is an endless symphony of fight, die, improve and repeat - many players have over 100 hours logged!
Neon Chrome is high end game filled with massive explosions, destructible environment, countless bullets and rich AI behavior. The game is completely playable with older devices like the iPhone 5, 5c or 1st gen iPad mini, but optimally you should use a device released less than two years ago.
- Procedurally generated levels - true endless replayability
- Completely destructible environment
- Persistent RPG-like character development using loot from your runs
- Enemies ranging from security guards to massive boss hover tanks
- Perk system in the form of cybernetic enhancements
- Discover & unlock enhancements, abilities and weapons
- MFI controller support & Game Center achievements
Neon Chrome was created by 10tons - the company behind the cult hit game Crimsonland.
- Enabled localized languages
- Added support for iPad Pro (3rd Gen)
Ratings and Reviews
My only gripe is that it can’t go from landscape to portrait screen mode interchangeably.
This is a very important feature if you want to recharge your phone while playing the game. One might think a game such as this wouldn’t be able to do such a thing but “The Binding Of Isaac” did it, and it has quite a similar play style when it comes to an Action-Roguelike-Shooter, so I think if the devs looked into this they could accomplish it. I mean, the game is perfect in every way otherwise, so I think this feature is only a matter of time.
Ps: the controls take a minute to get used to as apposed to being automatically a synch because, in my opinion, without controls such as the ones in this game, everything wouldn’t be so amazingly tight and tactical.
Good job devs,
Took me a while to realize anything that could make this game better, and the screen orientation flip is all I can think of.
Please don’t let me down, phones just don’t have long enough battery spans for a game as exquisite as this, especially if I am running my tunes in the background with it.
Ps: will change star rating to 5 if this is implemented.
Great progression and graphics
Tense and tight without being a splatter fest. Feel tactical.
The controls take a bit of getting used to as the movement doesn't really feel like the character is walking, more like gliding. The power up options are well done and the game is challenging enough. I recall seeing complaints on battery consumption but if you go into the options there are battery conservation options like reduced frame rate etc. That made a big difference.
- 10tons Ltd.
- 219.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Finnish, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 10tons Ltd 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Neon Chrome Arena $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.