By gandreas software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One of the deepest, richest gameplay found in any game on any platform, NetHack is a cult classic since its release in 1987, and has since spawned many descendants (including Diablo). gandreas software now presents this classic for the iPhone/iPod Touch:
- Playable in either "ASCII" mode, or graphics mode (just rotate the device to switch)
- Obscure keyboard commands replaced with a simple taps for movement, or a handy command picker.
- Commands can also be activated by a unique gesture based command - want to search for a secret door? Swipe across the top of the play area (all the gestures are shown on the command picker for easy reference)
- Graphics can be zoomed in/out via pinch
- Completely faithful NetHack experience (all the levels, monsters, potions, scrolls, etc...)
- iPhone UI - standard scrolling lists, pickers, etc...
- Multiple tiles sets, from the classic to the sublime
- Never see a keyboard unless you are doing something like typing in a name!
Can you retrieve the Amulet of Yendor and return to the surface?
I love the inclusion of both ascii and the 2d side scroller versions as well as all the different tilesets that really improve the game.
I like how the commands are all on a slide wheel and categorized so you dont have to try and remember what character key does what.
great game, even better on the pc though.
Game play is excellent, but every time I try to save and quit, the game crashes instead of saving & can't recover when reloaded. I can't devote hours to playing until I finish or die, I need a game I can save easily and often. The crashes mid game are bad enough, & far too common, but the ones when I try to save make this pointless unless all you want to do is replay the first couple levels endlessly
Not Bad, But Needs an Update.
This is really quite a promising rendition of a classic (much better in its execution than iNetHack is)... until it freezes and obliterates my save. Luckily, that means little in a permadeath game, but it's still VERY annoying nonetheless. Buy it, along with iNetHack (both free), and see which one you prefer.
- Category: Games
- Released: Oct 23, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glenn Andreas
- © 2009 gandreas software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.