One of the deepest, richest gameplay found in any game on any platform, NetHack is a cult classic since its release in 1987, and has since spawned many descendants (including Diablo). gandreas software now presents this classic for the iPhone/iPod Touch:
- Playable in either "ASCII" mode, or graphics mode (just rotate the device to switch)
- Obscure keyboard commands replaced with a simple taps for movement, or a handy command picker.
- Commands can also be activated by a unique gesture based command - want to search for a secret door? Swipe across the top of the play area (all the gestures are shown on the command picker for easy reference)
- Graphics can be zoomed in/out via pinch
- Completely faithful NetHack experience (all the levels, monsters, potions, scrolls, etc...)
- iPhone UI - standard scrolling lists, pickers, etc...
- Multiple tiles sets, from the classic to the sublime
- Never see a keyboard unless you are doing something like typing in a name!
Can you retrieve the Amulet of Yendor and return to the surface?
Ratings and Reviews
The app opened for me and shows a popup, but the popup says nothing and has no "ok" button. I can't do anything because the popup is covering the screen. I understand that the app is super old and will probably never be fixed. But for those of you wondering: no, it doesn't work.
No longer updated
This game is no longer updated for current IOS versions, so you probably shouldn't download it.
Game crashes every time
Not much fun there 😡
- Glenn Andreas
- 6.5 MB
Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2009 gandreas software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.