Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Use a variety of colors to draw perfectly straight lines or activate zoom-writing for detailed work.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Navigator.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 8.3.2 ***
• Fixed a crash when creating your Notability password
• Fixed a crash with iPad 4 and iOS 10
• Fixed a problem with the color dropper in left-handed mode
• Fixed a few other minor bugs with the new features
*** What's new in 8.3 ***
You asked for these features and we listened! We've added powerful new features: custom colors, a color dropper to match any color in your note, increased note security using Apple's Face ID and Touch ID, and in-app file conversion.
Custom Colors & Color Dropper
• Custom colors have arrived - the rainbow is the limit! Expand your color palette
by saving up to 32 additional custom colors.
• Colors can be chosen with a color wheel or by entering a HEX value.
• The color dropper easily allows you to select any color in your note and save
that as one of your custom colors.
New Locking Feature
• Our security just got amped with Face ID and Touch ID to unlock subjects.
In-app File Conversion
• Notability now converts Microsoft Office files to PDFs on your device for added
privacy and security.
• Quicker and more reliable conversion.
2nd Generation Apple Pencil Support
• Support for the double-tap gesture to switch to eraser or previous tool or bring up the color palette.
Ratings and Reviews
Annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations and more.
Some bugs need to be fixed!
First of all, I really like this app and recommend it to anyone who wishes to take notes for classes/work/etc. I no longer need to print out lecture slides for my classes and save a lot of paper.
However, I do have couple of suggestions to improve the app and I hope the developers take this into consideration:
(1) Make imported images moveable like the text! I noticed that once you import an image and edit it the first time, you cannot go back to edit it for the second, third, or fourth time. I am constantly editing my notes to study and not being able to move around the image when I come to study the next day is frustrating.
(2) There’s also a scrolling problem I face daily as I use the app to take notes in class using an apple pencil. The page gets stuck and I can no longer scroll up or down and have to restart the app to get it to work again. It’s a minor bug but it can be frustrating when it happens while I am in a hurry to copy down notes in class.
I love this app but In this version the favorite/presets are kind of broken, I set my preset but later the same day it become the default preset?
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 291.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Winter $2.79
- Spring $2.79
- Fall $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.