Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of Apple's Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
If you need support using the app, wish to report an issue or request a feature, we'd love to hear from you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.9.3
Introducing the NPR Newscast Today Widget. Now you can get the hourly news update with a single tap! All you need to do is enable the NPR News widget in Notification Center.
Thank you for supporting public radio.
Excellent content. Time for an advertising-free version.
No right to complain unless you support NPR! This app is my lifeline to in-depth news coverage and I use it all the time, so every little problem gets noticed. The playlist feature is super-handy, allowing me to design my own news program that plays only when I want it to. Recent experiments with advertising are frustrating, as they interrupt the playlist flow (like when I’m in the shower) and require a screen touch. I’m ready to pay a monthly fee for an advertising-free, pro version!
App works well, the actual content is first rate also. Best news source available.
Love this as my morning news feed. Only negative is that the add all to playlist function often adds the same items twice. What would be excellent is if you could subscribe to a particular program and have new items automatically load to the playlist.