Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with the all-new Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• An all-new calculation engine makes Numbers faster than ever before
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Seamless integration with MathType* for inserting equations
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
* MathType sold separately.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
I love it more every time I use it.
My life in spreadsheets started out by using Google Sheets back when it first came out, to organize and budget a student TV station. It worked great. Now I’m a small business owner, and have been struggling to use popular accounting software which really doesn’t meet my needs, and is way more complicated, not at all streamlined. Enter Numbers. Now I create all my contracts, calculate taxes, track expenses, make reciepts and record payments with a single document. Once you learn how to create custom formulas (there is great documentation on what different formulas do, and syntax), and begin creating your own sheets, you find out that Numbers isn’t just pretty, it’s really powerful. If you are willing to spend the time creating sheets for your small business, you can say goodbye to other expensive invoicing software such as Billings Pro or Quickbooks. Plus, it can sync via iCloud to every device you have, making it easy to record payments, mileage or expenses. If you use iCloud be sure you set up regular backups (perhaps to Time Machine?), which you should already do anyway, especially if you are running your whole business from a single document. Bottom-line, it’s a really pretty, customizable app which you can use to create custom solutions for your business.
Lost all my Numbers Spreadsheets and more!
Lost all my documents — and this is where I stored all my Numbers spreadsheets…. these are all gone!! This is my job on the line and all my accounting stuff is deleted! So are my Pages files as well as my Ibooks. I feel like I have been robbed! Apple has been working with me for 4 days trying to retrieve… good service but still NO spreadsheets!
Not as good as its predecessor
I worked with iWork ’09 for years, and it was awesome. I basically gave up on Microsoft Office because of how good this product was. After upgrading my operating system, I downloaded the new iWork. There aren’t nearly as many tools, it’s harder to navigate, and I haven’t figured out how to do basic things, such as selecting different colours for charts. I’m fairly computer saavy, so this is rather frustrating. That being said, it does what it’s supposed to do. Everything works fine; the difficulty is the layout of the application and the amount of options available to the user.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 170 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2008-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later