Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with the all-new Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• An all-new calculation engine makes Numbers faster than ever before
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Seamless integration with MathType* for inserting equations
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
* MathType sold separately.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Sort by multiple columns
• Sort a subset of rows
• Text autocompletes when editing cells
• Chart date and duration values
• Optionally highlight rows and columns on mouseover
• Progress indicator for calculations
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Numbers ’09 and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Share password-protected spreadsheets via iCloud link
• Export password-protected spreadsheets to XLSX format
• Improvements to AppleScript support
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Excel 2013 spreadsheets
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Becoming like Microsoft
Downloaded the new version 3.1 Now when I try to open a file it says I need a new version of Numbers to open my files
After a few days of working with version 3.1, I’ve given up and returned to the vastly-better ergonomics of Numbers ’09. This isn’t an upgrade, it’s an insult and embarrassment to people who need professional-level features in a spreadsheet. It looks very pretty, but usability has taken a back-seat to conceits of design.
A step backward from the previous version
Apple has sadly, and somewhat confusingly, removed a number of features from the previous version of Numbers. Working in print preview, custom data formats, and other features that I used consistently are gone. So I’m archiving this version and switching back to the previous version in the hopes that Apple will bring back the features that I need and use.
If you have the previous version of Numbers, don’t delete it. Give this one a go and you may find you need to revert back.
Please Apple, make the next version a true upgrade and not a sttep backwards.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 191 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2008-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later