*** Game of the Year on iPad 2017 ***
*** Apple Design Award 2017 ***
A story game about life’s precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans.
"A gorgeous experience." - TouchArcade (10/10)
"An absolute joy to look at and play" - The Guardian
"A whimsical poem" - Polygon - (8/10)
Immerse yourself in a visual narrative as you uncover stories of the old man’s life told through beautiful vignettes of his memories. Interact with the serene, whimsical environment as you solve playful puzzles and shape the landscape around you, growing the hills to create the old man’s path forward.
Explore life’s complexities through the old man’s eyes as you experience his heartache, regret, and hope.
- Designed for touch
- A powerful and emotional narrative told only through imagery
- Gorgeously whimsical landscapes with hand-drawn art and animations
- Handcrafted, pressure-free puzzles
- Unique landscape-shaping mechanic
- A compact game experience perfect for a wanderlust-evoking escape
- Original and emotionally compelling soundtrack by SCNTFC
- Crisp drawings designed to look beautiful on your iPhone and iPad
- 9 free Stickers! Have fun sending old man emojis to all of your friends.
- We don't collect any data on your progress in Old Man's Journey anymore.
- All the fixes and improvements from our release on consoles.
Ratings and Reviews
An Apple Design Award winner, this moving puzzler proves sometimes the best stories don’t need words. Developer Broken Rules has created a hand-drawn world that bubbles with whimsy and heart. Altering the landscape to reveal hidden paths makes for fascinating, peaceful gameplay. We love exploring the storybook settings and uncovering each touching memory. It’s unforgettable, and we’d move mountains just to relive the experience.
An amazing game. May be it should not be called a "game". From screen to screen one helps the old man into his journey, travel by changing/shifting aspects of landscapes. At the end of each stage, memories of his past. Well designed, great graphics. It kept my interest to the very poignant end. Definitely my best spent $$s in the Apple Store. If you are looking for a shoot-them-up game, an adventure or mystery, with lots of action... don't bother. This is a relaxing journey worth spending a few quiet hrs enjoying it. Thank you!
Overpriced beautiful disappointment
I wish I read the reviews ahead of purchasing to have saved the money. I’ve played all the popular puzzle games and this was by far the most boring. I stuck with it hoping it improved in difficulty and there was more exchange with other characters. The visual design and animation was pleasing, hence the two stars. I can’t imagine the time it took to create, but it fell short of the gaming mark IMO.
- Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
- 1.8 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.