By Ooka Island, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WHAT IS OOKA ISLAND?
Ooka Island is an adaptive, game-based learn to read program for kindergarten and beyond that develops strong early reading skills through 24 levels of educational activities and 85 ebooks. Make Ooka Island a regular part of your reading routine and graduate a confident, fluent reader.
“My daughter started using Ooka Island in mid-July before starting grade 1 at a DRA level 6. It helped her identify concepts she was missing and by mid-September, she was at a level 12, consistently! I love the report card and share it with her weekly.”
Principal, H A Halbert Public School
“Teachers liked using it because it was easy to use and they could see how it could enhance their literacy program. The fact that it uses personalized programming and provides real-time, precise data benefits teachers as a way to respond to each students’ needs."
Program Coordinator, Toronto District School Board
WHY DOES IT WORK?
RESEARCH-BASED: Built on 25 years of research, Ooka Island teaches the five foundational reading skills necessary to become a fluent reader: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension.
GAME-BASED: Every student is a hero tasked with helping the Ooka Elves learn how to read. Ooka Island uses storytelling, 3D animation, game-based learning strategies, and motion event technology.
ADAPTIVE: Ooka Island plots a personalized path to ensure each child is building a solid foundation in reading.
DATA-DRIVEN: Real-time reports provide a detailed picture of where a child is excelling or struggling in reading.
ALIGNED: Ooka Island aligns with many provincial language curricula and state language standards for Kindergarten and Grade 1, as well as Head Start learning outcomes.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
· A UNIQUE LEARNING FLOW CYCLE: Ooka Island has three parts that cycle through until program completion. Part 1 is 20 minutes of phonological development where a child is guided through a variety of activities that teach research-based concepts such as phonemic awareness and blending sounds. Part 2 is focused on reading for comprehension. Ooka Island includes 85 leveled ebooks with highlighting and supportive narration. Students read each book twice, followed by activities. Part 3 is Free Play! Students choose wherever they want to go and cross-curricular learning is encouraged.
· EVERYONE STARTS AT LEVEL 1: As each child spends time on the program, our adaptive reading platform uses continuous formative assessment to adjust instruction and adapt to individual reading levels.
· FREE TRIAL: Download the app to play for FREE. Our free trial is intended to provide an idea of the program’s structure and a feel for the game.
· LOGIN WITH AN EXISTING ACCOUNT: Your account can be used across multiple devices.
· WI-FI OR CELLULAR DATA IS REQUIRED: Ooka Island cannot be played offline.
· Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or search our 24/7 Support Desk at http://support.ookaisland.com
ONE TIME PURCHASES FOR PARENTS
Ooka Island offers the following annual purchases:
1 year for 1 child: $89.99USD
1 year for 2 children: $129.99USD
1 year for 3 children: $179.99USD
RENEWING SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR PARENTS
Ooka Island offers the following auto-renewing subscriptions:
1 month for 1 child: $7.99USD
1 month for 2 children: $11.99USD
1 month for 3 children: $15.99USD
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
Your Ooka Unlimited Access subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of the term.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Improvements to game performance and stability.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 598 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ooka Island Inc.
- © 2017 Ooka Island Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ooka Unlimited Access$10.99
- Starter for 3 Months, 1 Child$34.99
- Ooka Unlimited Access$16.99
- Complete in 12 Months, 1 Child$119.99
- Renew 3 months for 1 Child$34.99
- Starter for 3 Months, 2 Children$51.99
- Renew 12 Months for 1 Child$119.99
- Complete in 12 Months, 2 Children$179.99
- Starter for 3 Months, 3 Children$67.99