OOReader is an universal app for iPhone and iPad, to view ODF documents (Writer, Calc, Impress,..) created with OpenOffice or LibreOffice. The supported file types are:
- Text Document (ODT, OTT, STW, SXW)
- Spreadsheet (ODS, OTS, STC, SXC)
- Presentation (ODP, OTP, SDD, SDP)
- Drawing (ODG, OTG, STD, SXD)
- Math (ODF, ODC, SXM, MML)
- Word (DOC, DOT, DOCX, DOTX, DOCM)
- Excel (XLS, XLT, XLSX, XLTX, XLSM)
- PowerPoint (PPS, PPT, POT, PPSX, PPTX, POTX)
- WordPad (RTF)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
You can open documents in OOReader from any app supporting «Document Interaction» (Mail, Safari,..), and also from Cloud drives : Box, Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive and iCloud.
- Reading by page or by slide view
- File conversion to PDF
- Share PDF by email or to other apps
- Automatic syncing of documents loaded from Dropbox, GoogleDrive and iCloud
- Open document with password protection [PRO]
- View up to 100 pages per document (unlimited for [PRO])
OOReader is not a document editor, the file content cannot be changed.
Ratings and Reviews
Every ods file I have tried so far worked perfectly. Great integration with Dropbox and Google Drive. Does have add, but they are fairly unintrusive
Conversion Error - no support available
At some recent point, LibreOffice changed the standard for .odt files. The current version of LibreOffice .odt files cannot be read by OOReader. Files created or modified in April 2016 are fine, but if the file was saved after that, OOReader shows "conversion error". Tried to report this to the ooreader email address shown in iTunes, but that account is dead. OOReader worked well, when it worked, but apparently it's dead now.
Only need this app to access files on google drive. Files are listed in what appears to be random lists, pages long. After finally finding the file I'm trying to open, it opens to an empty page and I can't see the file I need at all. (Yes, it's an OpenOffice file. It works fine on every our device that isn't an apple product).
- BML Solutions inc.
- 59.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © BML Solutions inc.
- In-App Purchases
- OOReader Pro $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.